2.3L NC. Possible?

The current 2L MZR-LF has a 2.3l big brother, the MZR-L3. (Mazda 3's can come with either.) Would it be possible to fit an MZR-L3 out of a wrecked Mazda 3 into a 2006 Miata?

Just wondering...

Reply to
Mal Osborne

The 2.3 is allegedly too tall to fit under the NC's hood. It also doesn't behave like a sports car motor.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

It couldn't behave like any less of a sports car motor than what Pontiac sticks in the Solstice.

Reply to
tooloud

That's true. Maybe it also could come with a transmission that has poorly spaced gear ratios!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

"Mal Osborne" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@quokka.wn.com.au:

The answer, as Hot Rod Magazine said years back, is yes. Any engine can be put into any car, the question is why?

Would it be cost effective? You'll gain 10 flbs of torque at 500 less rpm and lose 10 hp at 200 less rpm. Is it worth the price?

You'd be giving up the warranty so.... why not put in something with a little more oomph such as:

Or get really serious:

2,250 hp should be a noticeable improvement in a Miata I think, you'll go even faster if you paint it white!
Reply to
XS11E

LOL.... I don't want to work under that hood !!! But I'd take the performance improvements....

Reply to
Remove This

You would have to stretch the front of the car by about four feet to fit the engine in and have a hood bulge to large to look over. Also, you'd need one helluva rear end to handle all that torque.... Sign me up!!

Reply to
Fabiano

Nah. Think of it as a colossal air pump. All you'd need to do is aim the exhaust outlet aft.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Lanny Chambers wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com:

Then aim the rear end at the yard, rev the engine once and you've got a GREAT leaf blower!

Reply to
XS11E

Kind of like an afterburner, but without the flame.

Reply to
Fabiano

Yeah, anything is possible, but converting it from a fwd application to a rwd application would be a bugger.

Reply to
Steve Clark