A digital card????

Yes, it definitely looks like an antenna.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Thanks to all that replied. I guess the consensus is some kind of antenna. Something I failed to mention is that this thing is still attached somewhere under the dash and above the steering wheel. My poor eyesight will not allow me to see exactly where. The wire coming out from that attachment point to the card is at least three feet long, which allows me to throw the card over onto the passenger seat. No keyless entry...just the keyholes. I'll probably just wrap the whole mess up in tape and stuff it back up under the dash *when* I find out just what it is. I bought the car last summer from a dealer in New Hampshire. Not good records but I do know it originally came from Florida. Not that that means anything. There are a couple more Mazda dealers within an hour ride from me. The next nice day when the roads are dry, I'll take a ride to them and see if they know what it might be. Thanks to all again.

JV

Reply to
JV

The girl at the insurance company was laughing at me again. When the switchboard girl transferred me over to her, her first words to me were, "I'll bet you wanna turn the ins on for that convertable again"? I told her YES, but keep it on permenantly this time. It may be early, but the nice days will be more frequent as the season wears on.

JV (with the grin)

Reply to
JV