Any tips for cleaning the backside of clearcoated polished aluminum wheels?

I've recently bought a 2nd 10AE that has been somewhat neglected and the backside of the wheels are hideous...no amount of cleaning with "clear coat safe" cleaners will make a dent in it. I'm concerned about going to anything more abrassive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James '99 10AE (2) '97 Montego Blue

Reply to
jdstone

Uh...*three* Miatas? I think you have the record, around here at least. Out of curiosity, why did you purchase two identical vehicles?

Reply to
tooloud

The '97 is now my wife's, the 1st 10AE was mine, and the 2nd was just a steal that I couldn't turn down. Will most likely be selling it off once I have a little fun with it.

Reply to
jdstone

I wonder if spray brake cleaner (and a teflon pot scrubbing pad, if needed) would do the back side of your wheels? You might also try naptha (lighter fluid), but I think the brake cleaner will be a stronger solvent.

Randy

Reply to
Randy Maheux

This is what meguiars has to say:

written out
`&section=_60#_60 You could call their 800 number for more info.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Thanks for the info!

James

Reply to
jdstone

try turtle wax "Wheel clean". Agressif !!! but damm good

Reply to
dingo

I've done some pretty serious cleaning jobs with 'simple green' I also like that it's biodegradable.

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo