Best Rated threads in Mazda Miatashow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Actual Miata question - Skip Cannon or FM rear brace?
I have a Flying Miata rear brace on my current miata, and am about to take a Skip Cannon rear brace off of another miata. Is one better than the other? The FM has the advantage of already being on the...
6
6

Bizarre Clutch?? problem
OK, I have a 1990 Miata w/112,xxx miles. Sunday, I drove to my daughter's golf practice and all was well. When we left practice I started the car and heard an awful grinding type noise when the clutch...
2
2

mx5 cobra alarm
Has anyone any info on the installation of the cobra alarm model 6402. My MX5 has one fitted, but I would like to add a solenoid to the drivers door lock and activate it from the alarm remote.
17
17

ISC (idle speed control) valve
I diagnosed a problem on my 1990 Miata to the ISC valve. Looks like a simple part to replace...but wait! How about around $500 for a new one? This thing must employ precious metals; it's like buying a...
9
9

Oil drain plug
Folks, I was just at the site looking for the torque specs for the drain plug on my '03. In the torque spec section it states 22-30 lbs for a 19mm plug. I have a 17mm plug, does anyone know the torque...
18
18

Loose front rotor
I've been hearing some occasional noise from the front right and this weekend took some time to figure out what it is. After taking off the front right tire, at first I noticed that the 4 wheel posts...
9
9

1994 miata stalled and now won't start
Hi, I have a 1994 miata. Back in March I started to have a few problems. I noticed that the tachometer stopped working and then on the way home one night the car just died and rolled to a stop. Since...
6
6

Rear Brakes Rubbing
I have a '95 that has what I now consider to be a chronic problem with the left rear brake rubbing. When I first got the car I had the rear brakes lubed and reassembled but the rubbing came back after...
22
22

A/C refrigerant 1991 Roadster
Hi, The air conditioning on my 1991 Eunos Roadster has stopped working, most likely because the refrigerant needs charging up. I took it into a KwikFit (only place around here that would do anything...
13
13

Mark I Miata Wiper Problem
Hi, I own a 'V-Spec' 93 Miata, and the wiper will not operate. I noticed this when it started to rain heavily and at first, the blades worked sporadically. Now however, they don't move at all. Perhaps...
3
3

1991 miata stang sound when decelerating
i own a91 miata and when in 4th and i ease of the clutch there is the annoying sound thats like a grindig or a real bad rattle. i believe its comming from the front. i have no clue what it is and was...
9
9

closing up gap between bumper and fender
I've got uneven spacing between the front bumper and fenders, with the passenger side wider in the front and not snug below the headlight assembly on my 2002. My assumption, and I'm guessing since I...

Miata reliability
Hello, i'm thinking of buying a used miata. 8 - 10 years old with low miles. I've only bought Toyotas and hondas the last 20 years or so. i'm used to cars lasting until 150 - 200k miles with no major...
6
6

Miata 1992 Blinking Air Bag Light
The air bag light in my 1992 Miata is constantly blinking, it started couple of days ago, can someone help please. Thanks
4
4

Miatas and premium versus regular gas
What are the opinions of Miata drivers about premium versus regular gas? I have babied my 2003 Miata with 104 octane premium, but with present gas prices I wonder if this is worth it?
37
37

lack of power at low rpm
Have a 1990 Miata and have just started getting hardly no power, no acceleration, at low rpm. Have changed the fuel filter and plugs and the wires are OK. Could it be the injectors, and if so, what is...
16
16

Brakes don't grab when wet
No secret that it's been a little wet here in "sunny" Southern California. Now I find that there is a fairly significant (maybe 1/2 second) lag when I apply my brakes in the rain. They just slip for a...
3
3

Frankenstein Bolts
Ok, got the kit to put the hardtop on my 2000SE. I have the hardtop from a previous car and the 2000SE I got did not have the hardware. When I tried to install the frankenstein bolts, they hit the...
3
3

Looking to buy 1991 1.8 liter turbo miata
I have a chance to buy the following car. It has fairly high miles, but almost every mod has been done in the last 1 to 2 years, with the engine and turbo being done this summer, and the car is in...
3
3

Xedos 6 SE 2.0 V6 swap or sell
I have an "M" reg 1995 Mazda Xedos 6 2.0 SE V6 and I would like to swap it for something more economical. Ideally I would like a diesel Vectra/Mondeo etc. but would settle for a MicroCar or Smart type...