Best Rated threads in Mazda Miatashow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

99 Miata Blown Engine - HELP!
I've got a 99 Miata Base model, white with a 60 day old new tan top (Glass window, not plastic). Leather, the works, 78k miles. I was driving along doing a happy 80 on the highway here in Florida when...
20
20

White "spots"/corrosion/oxidation of Miata latches and screws???
I have a 2003 Miata that was driven in Florida for the last 2 years. Over the last year, the interior convertible latches, springs, and screws have developed some sort of white crust/oxidation on the...
4
4

Squeal when I let out the clutch
My '92 has developed an odd problem. It first started happening when it was raining, so I thought it was due to excess moisture, but it happened today when it was nice and dry. When I let out the...
3
3

receiver hitch idea for carrying bike...
After 4.5 years of suffering with a trunk rack for my mountain bike, I'm ready to take drastic measures to get a hitch rack on there so I can access my trunk with the bike on the car. My problem is a...
1
1

Water pump flange o-ring leaks
I recently did a timing belt replacement, and did the water pump at the same time. Everything worked fine, but after about 10 miles, the water pump flange o-ring started leaking like crazy. I thought...
2
2

Best roll bar for head clearance?
Hi folks, I posted this same question on but I'd like to get some input from this board too. I've read several threads on the topic of rollbars, but I'm hoping to find a more definitive answer. I want...
9
9

charging problems
Hello, Starting late last summer the original battery in my '91 Miata would run down after a week or so of use, so I got in the habit of leaving it hooked up to my trickle charger when I wasn't using...
3
3

Cruise Control for Mazdaspeed Miata
If this had been two months ago before I discovered coming out of Tulsa that yes, the CC in my 93' actually works (don't ask) I wouldn't be having these qualms. But geez, it took a load off of my foot...
4
4

How to repair Small Soft top tear
What would be the best way to repair a very small (2mm) tear in the vinal soft top? Is this something that one can reasonably do ones self? Where it is there is no problem with access to the back side...
5
5

grinding noise from brakes
Hello all, Recently, whenever I try to apply brakes on my '92 miata, there is a loud griding noise. It started about a month back, when it was intermittent and not too loud. I think the trouble began...
3
3

97 Miata
Hi group: Purchased a 97 Classic Red; black cloth interior about a month ago. Sure is fun to drive. It is bone stock, no mods at all. Which is what I wanted. It has 80K miles; I gave $6800 for it. I...
2
2

Low RPM hesitation.
After my '92 Miata warms up a bit, it stumbles and misfires when I give it gas below 2000 RPM. It starts OK, and runs OK when cold, and idles fine and runs OK at higher RPM. Even from idle, a little...
2
2

Miata "Hard" Suspension
While perusing my '99 parts manual I came upon "Hard" suspension parts. The manual gives the same PN for the standard and sport suspension front coil springs but has a different PN for a Hard...
1
1

90 mx-5 died on me :~(
Well, hopefully there's a resurection in its future. Maybe someone on this group can lend me a hand. Sunday, as I sat at a stop light in my 90 miata, I noticed a slight whirring noice, but not even so...
17
17

"Two Week" Miata Battery?
After a previous discussion in this newsgroup, I've tried to start and drive my car at least once every two weeks during my Miata's first winter. (It spends its idle moments in a garage that rarely...
13
13

Light-reminder-buzzer and interior-lighting-dimmer problem...
A while ago I modified my 'key-in-ignition-and door-open-buzzer' into a 'lights-on-reminder-buzzer'. Great option and no problems so far. I recently added an interior light dimmer (#844055 at to let...

miata afm messed it up
Hello, I was planning to move my afm and un screwed my bolts rather than the metal clip and pulled out the afm circutry, then I said crap, quickly and gently tried to put it back in screwed it and...
7
7

99 Miata running rough with a P0301 code
My 99 Miata with 40k miles is running rough and I am getting a P0301 code (. I have tried simple things like new plugs and injector cleaner in my fuel, but neither helped. -I am getting a spark at...
11
11

anyone know anything about B2600 4x4
If so pls tell me if it difficult to install a inner cv boot and a pitman arm. thanks if not difficult pls tell me how or a link to guide me through it. thanks
1
1

will honda civic 14" steel rims fit 99 Miata
I am looking at buying a set of recent Honda Civic 14" steel wheels with snow tires for my 99 Miata. Does anyone know if the wheels will fit (i.e. clear the brakes). Thanks
1
1