Ignition or fuel?

Well, the manufacturer seem to think it does:

See in particular FAQ #1.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

In modern Florida only when they test the heating system in August. For the rest, we use "feez".

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Maybe I'm just dense. Could you repeat, virbatum, the part that states that "HEET" mixes or causes to mix water and gas?

Reply to
Chas Hurst

message

HEET changes the molecular composition of water to gasoline, by adding some Cs to the existing Hs and Os. Newly developed HEET2 changes the molecular composition of lead to gold. Look for it soon at a dealer near you!

Reply to
Southoceandrive

I do not know whether I can do it virbatum, but in the question I quoted it says,

In other words, they physically mix in going together through the fuel lines. This may not be chemical mixing, but I and they never claimed that.

Your claim was:

Leon :)

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

I'll stand by my statement. There's nothing in your quote from "HEET" that states water and gas mix, although it is stated that "HEET" keeps water from freezing-which is what I stated. You need a course in reading comprehension.

Reply to
Chas Hurst

Maybe it is just that I don't take it virbatum, but figure out what it really means.

Leon :)

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

It is correct that the added alcohol will sink to the bottom and mix with the water. All alcohols are "hydrophilic." Alcohols readily absorb water. When alcohol is mixed with water it lowers the freezing temperature of the water and prevents it from freezing and blocking the fuel flow in cold weather. This is not the only benefit from adding an alcohol dryer to the gas tank.

As the fuel sloshes around in the tank while driving, the water at the bottom of the tank will often be sucked into the gas line. Some may be trapped by the fuel filter, but some usually makes it into the engine where it can displace the gasoline and cause misfiring. Alcohol is a lower specific gravity than water and will mix more readily with the gasoline. If enough alcohol is present to absorb all the water, the effect is a general distribution of the water through the gas while the mixture is sloshed around. The effect allows the water to be drawn out of the tank without interfering with combustion.

Rubbing alcohol is available in many configurations. The cheap stuff is usually a petroleum distillate called isopropyl alcohol and is 70% alcohol and 30% water. This solution with high water content will burn without problems in an alcohol lamp. The water is evaporated as steam into the air. Isopropyl (or propanol) is not the best choice for adding to the gas tank due to it's high water content. It will work as an antifreeze.

Ethanol gasoline is sold in many states. It is a mixture of gasoline with

10% to 15% ethanol alcohol. It is unnecessary to add additional alcohol for reasons of "drying" or antifreeze protection to this type of gasoline.
Reply to
Larry Gadbois

In any case, it seems to have solved my problem. Haven't had a hiccup since.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen