Used Miatas are just too darn cheap.

I agree. I forgot to mention previously that I have also replaced shocks on my Miata...quite some time back. :) ~Cissy '89 Miata

Reply to
Expmiata

Yah, same here. I've also replaced clutch (premature wear-out in my opinion), but oh well. I NEVER ride the clutch and while idling, I am always in neutral...but wear out it did!

I've changed tires once. :) ~Cissy '89 Miata

Reply to
Expmiata

I replaced the clutch a few thousand miles back, about 110 kmi. Not premature wear-out in my opinion, since the clutch on my Honda CRX-Si was gone after 60 kmi, and that one did not even have an aftermarket supercharger like my Miata.

I would consider the clutch pretty sturdy. Any clutch is designed and expected to wear out, to prevent your engine from doing so instead.

Neither being in neutral or in gear while idling produces any wear on the clutch surfaces. Each has its own wear on mechanical parts, (gear box, throw-out bearing, whatever,) but Miata magazine noted many years ago that those parts on the Miata were sufficiently over designed that it is just as fine to be in neutral or in gear with clutch down, whatever you prefer.

I have changed tires about ten times, I think. Damn nails and screws all over this place. (Track days and AutoX on soft tires don't help.) I had Discount Tire in tears about the warranty on the T1-S tires they sold me. But it is not a failure of the car.

Well, the Bridgerocks that came on the car were. I replaced them after 1000 miles since I could not stop shaking after rain. ;)

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

have changed tires about ten times, I think. Damn nails and screws all over this place. (Track days and AutoX on soft tires don't help.) I had Discount Tire in tears about the warranty on the T1-S tires they sold me. But it is not a failure of the car.

Well, the Bridgerocks that came on the car were. I replaced them after 1000 miles since I could not stop shaking after rain. ;)

Leon

Too funny, Leon ;) ~Cissy '89 Miata

Reply to
Expmiata

Miata ^^^^^^^^ Ya know, I have to do a double take every time I see this URL in your .sig, Cissy.

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

::giggle:: :-D ~Cissy '89 Miata

Reply to