2004 SL 500 - looking for info

I have a close friend in the market for a 2004 SL 500, new. We are in the Dallas area. The prices, of course, are pretty high. What is the market for these and is there a lot of room for negotation? Where does one start in figuring out how to price one? He is looking at the base model. He has seen base prices of $89k and $91k. He is willing to buy in nearby cities, even as far as Austin. Is it worth his while to put together what he needs and send out a request to nearby dealers for prices?

Any info is appreciated.

Reply to
oneplus2

One alternative is to search the MB web site for a pre-owned unit. There couldn't be that many miles on an '04 model and the full warranty (plus Starmark) would apply. I've bought three MB's that way and had them all shipped to me in Alaska. The pre-owned cars are always pristine and I've saved many $$$s. You'd be surprised at how many folks buy these cars new and decide for one reason or another they don't want them within a month or two; especially in New York and Conneticut for some reason. Lot's of "disposable income" in that area I guess. Shipping is really not a problem in the contiguous U.S. The charge would be nominal and most shippers will take very good care of MB owners. Dealers will usually arrange shipping for you or you can do that yourself. Plus it's just a hoot to buy a car like this online. Dale '88 560SL '94 E320 Coupe (bought online in Palm Springs, CA and shipped to Alaska) '96 S500 Coupe (bought online in Eugene, OR and shipped to Alaska) '00 CL500 (bought online in Chicago, IL and shipped to Alaska)

"oneplus2" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Camille

Reply to
oneplus2

Of course they do!

Go to

and click on 'Starmark Pre-Owned' then click on 'Search Inventory' and do a national search for the models you are interested in. All dealer-registered used cars will be on there.

My 2004 E320 was purchased Starmark with only 2,500 miles on it and with the original warranty; I managed to save close to $10k, and the car is indistinguishable from brand-new.

Good luck...

Thomas J. Paladino New York City

04 S430 04 E320 99 SLK230 95 S320

Reply to