Re: Problem with petrol gauge

Hi everyone

> > >When my rear brake light failed, my petrol gauge immediately >went to zero. On replacing the bulb, the petrol gauge now >registers either zero or full when the tank is actually three >quarters full. Never ever a problem until the bulb failed. > >Any ideas, anyone? >

What car is it?

Reply to
miknik

Sorry about that; it's a 1999 C200-Class Mercedes-Benz Esprit.

--

Reply to
Brian Harrop

Unlikely that the two incidents are related, my money is on your fuel tank senders having packed up, pretty common problem on your vehicle and matches the symptoms you describe perfectly.

It's gonna be a dealer job, unless you have the special tool to remove the tank senders....

Reply to
miknik