Alarm problems on 95 eclipse - help?

Hi,

I just got a 95 Eclipse GSX about a week ago. The alarm on it goes off on its own about twice a day - just sitting there. Looks like it may be set off by some weirdness in the drivers door locks - who knows.

Until I get my manuals or into a shop - is there any way to disarm it other than leaving the car unlocked? Eeek!

I am just recovering from getting my Honda stolen - what a choice...

Thanks in advance,

Marc Sterling

Marc Sterling

check the pin switch on your hood. it makes contact with a flimsy piece of metal that can bend, preventing the hood switch from fully closing. bending it back into position is what solved the problem on my eclipse. how your fix is just as easy.

Reply to
simpleton

And check the switch in the door too. It can be taken apart and service yourself. It's just plastic and the copper contacts compress and make intermittent contact. This should be evident by the mirror light going on and off when the door is open.

Reply to
Robert Honea