Best Rated threads in Mitsubishi Cars and Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

hard to find 5th gear
Does anyone know why i can rarely get my year 2000 mitsubishi spacestar to engage 5th gear, it always goes back to 3rd no matter how hard i push the lever but sometimes it slips in without a problem....
2
2

Temperature control knob
I have had problems turning the temp control knob for a while, but now it won't turn at all. I have a '03 Lancer ES, I live in the desert, so Idon't need toswitch it very often, but when I do, it's...
1
1

Temp gauge fluctuations 97 Eclipse
My daughter's 97 Eclipse (2 L, manual, non-turbo) started acting weird this morning. As she drives (surface streets, not highway speeds), the temp gauge seems normal, then starts to go to max, then...
2
2

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage tail light problem
The tail lights, inside dome light, dash lights and front parking lights on my 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage do not work. We have examined all the fuses and they are all o.k. The wires into the fuse box...
1
1

Radio Codes for MR472956 (mitsubishi)
I am looking for the anti-theft codes for my radio model # MR472956 year 2001 Mitsubishi Galant other numbers are W190. Please anybody help? Thanks!!!
1
1

01 Diamante, smell coolant inside
I've got a 2001 Diamante that has a coolant leak in either the heater core, the hose connections or the heater valve. I can smell the coolant when I drive. I've tried a sealant, but no luck... Does...

L300 headlight replacement
Hi, we need to replace a headlight bulb in a 1990 L300 Van, 1992. Can anyone please tell us how to get to the screws to remove the panel so we can access this, or is there another way. Thank you

1997 Mitsubishi Galant ES - Transmission Clunking Sound?
My daughter's 97 Mitsubishi Galant ES has a problem that results in a clunking sound only when climbing a steep hill. It seems to occur when the auto transmission drops down to a lower gear. A clunk...
4
4

94 1.8 Liter Eclipse Still Won't Start !! Mechanics are baffled.
A while back, I made the posting that follows below. In the meantime, several mechanics have made attmepts at this, and are still baffled. The only think I haven't done is taken it to the local...
7
7

Mitsu GALANT 1996 - Help - can not find OBD II connector
Hello manual says it is under the dash on driver's side near console. But it is not there ! Anybody knows where is it ? I located some OBD looking connector in engine compartment near right headlight...
1
1

'99 Montero Sport front end problems
I've got 44k mi. on my '99 MS and the front end is really unstable. I get a moderately bad vibration above about 50mph. Also the steering feels really loose and unsettled. In addition, The wheel...
1
1

Removal of Brake Rotor from Hub (corrosion)?
Any ideas? My wife's '98 Mitsubishi Galant ES requires front rotor replacement and I've been unable to remove the rotor from the hub due to corrosion. (yes, I remembered to remove the locking lug-nut...
6
6

Evo -> L300 Transplant
Ladies & Gents, Does anyone in this newsgroup have any experience with transplanting a Lance EVO engine into a 1994 L300 4x4 Express van? I'm thinking about trying this myself, and was wondering if...
3
3

[Q] Where can you buy Kaze Aero Craft spoiler for 3000GT?
Thanks in advance for all who take the time to respond to this... I came across this page the other day: fell in love with the Kaze Aero Craft body kit from Japan. Does anyone have any idea if this...

`98 Diamante gas pedal position
Does anyone else find that the position of the gas pedal is way too high? I love almost everything else about the car ( except for the lack of interior lighting ) but it`s very fatiguing in the right...

Mitsubishi brake problem
I own a Mitsuhbsi Eterna. Lately it is giving problems. After traveling a few kms the rims of the car are very hot and the brake disc is very hot (sizzling when water touches it) Have sent to the...
6
6

1991 Mighty Max/D50 4X4 torsion bar swap
Do any of you guys know if the torsion bar for the V6 Mighty MaxD50 is different from the I4 engined model? If it is heavier as I suspect, will it give me a little more lift than the current bars on...
1
1

to adjust speed indicator on a space star, is it possible ?
Hello, I wondered if there is a way to correct a speed indicator and odometer on a space star 1999 ? I was said it can't be adjusted but there is an error of more than 10 %, and it is not very...
5
5

ECU replacement/repair advice - 1989 COLT
Hello, I'm looking for some sage advice concerning whether to replace or possibly attempt repair my "bad" ECU. I knew nothing of the ECU until this morning when my mechanic told me I needed a new...
8
8

anyone have a Jaos ladder?
I'm looking to buy a rear door ladder for my 2002 Montero Limited. Jaos has one that looks good but it's expensive. No one carries it locally and I can't see one before I buy. Any comments? Thanks....