Whats the difference?

I want to soup up my Lancer a bit with a new turbo kit (AMS EVO VIII GT37R Turbo Kit ) Im a bit confused about the MAF and Speed Density. Which one is better and whats the difference.

Reply to
Lancerider

Your Lancer's ECU is not going to support a speed/density set-up, you'd need an AEM or some other stand alone. I'm not familliar with the MAF on a Lancer but you should probably get by without over-running it with the EVO III The EVO III and GT37r are two different turbos also..... I think you would find that the cost for parts and installation of all of the required supporting mods to run a 700hp turbo will be greater than the value of the Lancer.

Not to rain on your parade but you really should think this through because a used EVO RS would be cheaper.

Reply to
simpleton

Reply to
Lancerider via CarKB.com

Well, talk to Martin but realize that you will require a complete engine build for starters.

Reply to
simpleton