Beware "things" lying on motorways...

Ouch! As everyone else has said, at least you're ok, and the car is repairable. Not quite at the same speed but i cam round a bend on a country lanes at about 40 or 50 only to find a rock, almost exactly a cube of about 40cm. Being a single track road there was no where to go, and it went straight under the car and sent me sideways. I caught the slide and immediatly stopped. Got out and found a huge hole in the gearbox, luckily only in the clutch casing bit so no oil to lose. The casing was rubbing on the flywheel a bit so was making some interesting high pitched whining, but still drove it about for a few weeks before flogging at as i couldnt be bothered to fix it! But some c**t must have left it in the road, because it was very very out of place (it was a graden rockery type yellow stone).

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

if you needs osme bits, i have some lying baouts :)

Reply to
dojj

Once drove over a set of stepladders on the M40 in a Daewoo Nexia (company's, not mine ;-) ), Christ only knows how but managed no loss of control and no damage (apparently).

Scared the crap out of me, mind you.

Reply to
Careful with that axe, Eugene

In news:cn0g1t$t5e$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk, dojj decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Cheers Dojj bloke.

May need o/s/f driveshaft and possibly o/s/f hub

Reply to
Pete M

Saw one today on way to work in 40 limit, looked to be doing about 40. Looked to be about 1m off the tail gate of the car in front. If you had hooked him up with a rigid tow bar he would have been further away from the back of the car he was tailgating.

Peter Hill

I am currently in possession of said items :) (and my wife is going space because they are making the rug in the front room dirty with the rusty flakes from the brake discs that I just took off them, I told her she should have been more worried about the coppa slip that was on the newspaper underneath but she wasn't having none of it :) )

Reply to
dojj