Big, Quick Cars ?

Having just had a quick look on Autotrader, they're all VERY old. I wouldn't dare spend £10,000 on a 12-year old car I'm afraid.

Reply to
Nom

Given Nom's thirst, nay, obsession, with VFM (and hatred of older cars), can I be the first to say Bwaaaahahahahaha!!!! ?

Reply to
Jamesy

snip

That'd be T5 /or/ R - the T5-R is the limited edition version which still holds too much money!

Reply to
Jamesy

Well if you are going to be silly so will I. ;)

From 4 to 6.8L arrive in style.

Reply to
Depresion

Ahh, so 4wd is a must. Hum.

Bah. It's only 20 inches longer, and 10 inches wider. Parts are a touch expensive, but you shouldn't need many...

Right then, how about a volvo v70 t5 AWD then? Has the dissadvantage that friends will treat you as a free van-hire service.

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Kirby

Mitsu GTO 3000 Twin Turbo??

Mitsu FTO Tiptronic??

Maserati (was a bi turbo thing on ebay a while back at 4K) (not very up on Maserati's sorry)

Lexus sourer (import I know) but fast n bargy)

Jag XK8?? (seen a few down too 10 K (prob not too well tho)

depends how large and your taste really.. (but the Mitsu 3000 GTO TT is a great car and supraesque (well Toyota used it as a guide to the supra's styling and power))

Mark

Reply to
Lostin1999

12 year old would be 1992, so i would be either a GT or GTS. That makes 10.000 UKPounds a very interesting buy. If you are used to Rover-quality, you could be shocked when you see the Porsche qulity: nothing fancy, even dull but build to last.

A 911 of that era (coded 964) is slower and will cost about twice as much. Cars with similar performance (toyota Supra, NSX, etc) cost about a similar amount.

I've done the math: unless you find a corvette or a Nissan 300Zx in doubtfull shape, the 928 is the affordable car on the market. For the money there is no other car available in the 170 MPH-zone.

More info on

Best regards,

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Depends on your definition of "reasonable money" but Jaguar XJR's seem good value for money. 4.0L supercharged, very fast in a straight line but still have surprisingly good handling for a car that weight and size.

Homer.

Reply to
Homer

The 9-5 Aero HOT looks good at 250bhp.

Reply to
SteveH

You get 2/3 out of a 600Ti, so why are you worried? ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Then you'd be missing out on one of the great drivers cars.

Reply to
SteveH

Couldn't you buy a really nice 968 for that kind of money?

Reply to
SteveH

Jag or S-class would be good (although an E-class with a big lump would be even better) - but the Bently would be financial suicide.

Reply to
SteveH

Wimp. ;) Think of the fun with an LPG tank in the boot next to an N20 tank.

Reply to
Depresion

"Depresion" wrote

Though not at the same time or you'll melt pistons. LPG and forced induction not good.

Wasn't Pete M flogging a twin turbo kit for a Rover V8? Now that'd be fun in an RR. Limit it to 0.3 bar for LPG economy runs, whack up the boost and switch over to Optimax when you feel the need for speed

Reply to
Fishman19

"Homer" wrote

Absolutely. Older XJRs are stupid cheap now.

Reply to
Fishman19

I've read that you _really_ need to think about spending the best part of £15k to get a reasonable Bently.

Anything cheaper is q quick route to bankruptcy.

Reply to
SteveH

they arent that big tho.

Reply to
Theo

I'm intrigued, can't find any mention of it tho under that spelling (or Stazia or Stahsia, etc). Sure it's not something you dreamt ? :)

Reply to
Lordy

No I know someone with one, may be a grey import. I can only remember it as it sounds like you just sneezed. Ah found it Stagea.

Depresion