Big, Quick Cars ?

As per my original post :)

Reply to
Nom

Bearing that in mind, I'd have to agree. I was assuming the 4.0 V8 would have big power - didn't know it was a lazy lump :/

Reply to
Nom

Turbos don't need replacing, unless they're worn out (100,000+ miles).

Hmmm, my current 2.0 Turbo is a VERY nice drive ! Lots of torque, and it's low down.

Reply to
Nom

i thought they were similar but essentially different from the galant

Reply to
Theo

I'm fairly sure that Legnum is just the name that was given to the Gallant estate in Japan.

Reply to
Depresion

I wish to hump it :)

Reply to
Lordy

Spot on. Galant = Legnum, and VR4 is the nutter model in both cases :)

Reply to
Nom

buy a new car, get an rx8, sell it in a few years when you've lost 8k on it.

job done.

Reply to
Theo

lol, no. It's a good car unfortunately mated with a crap engine that drinks both petrol *and* oil like there's no tomorrow. Kudos to them for trying to further the Wankel and all that, but it's a marketing tool - a gimmick to try and set them apart, nothing more nothing less.

On the subject of the new sportsters tho, saw a 350Z the other day and a Crossfire in Meadowhall the other day. The Nissan I thought look ok in pictures, and it may be the better car but omg it's *hideous* when viewed in the flesh, bulbous doesn't even begin to describe it. The Crossfire tho is absolutely gorgeous, pure eye candy.

Reply to
Lordy

And according to Jeremy Clarkson who tested the Chrysler Crossfire, his words 'Total Crap'

Looks damned good though.

Dave

Reply to
Funkyman

Heaps of Soarers over here. The thing to look out for is the digital dash and the ceramic turbos. Other than that they are great. Of course the V-8 doesn't have turbos and is not quite as quick as the turbo 6. The V-8 in them is silky smooth and prehaps the greatest V-8 ever produced. Absolutely over engineered.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Cedric are gutless as hell stock, but I saw one in a magazine that was having a GTR engine dropped in. What a sleeper. Imagine being blown away at the lights by a Cedric.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

In Australia you are looking at the same sort of price as an R33 GTR Skyline. Around Aus$50,000. Then again we are paying Aus$60,000 for a 1996 M3 Beemer.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston