Big, Quick Cars ?

&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=wa3+6er&miles=1500&max_records=50

The extra 50 Hp don't make it that much faster, but it does have a LOT more low down torque...

On "The Best of Top Gear" DVD (and Top Gear too) they made the front tyres smoke a little bit (well a lot actually).

-- James

Reply to
James

Remember the Alfa 164 vs TI argument? I'm going to start a new one Saab Turbos vs TIs...

-- James

Reply to
James

Oh yes. With the traction control on too :)

Gets very out of shape, but won't actually let you crash.

The Trolls and Gremlins ahve a very strong self preservation instinct.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I think this wins.

And some examples of work
:)

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I'd go for the 2.5 twin-turbo - it's got 276BHp as stock and is turbo'd, so easy tweakings, should the desire strike you. Also slightly more economical, if that were any sort of concern.

Reply to
Andrew Kirby

looks like a bit of a home garage company if you ask me.

Reply to
Theo

yeah but replacing the turbo's will be very expensive, and the V8 is much nicer to drive.... go for the V8 (with turbo's if you can afford)

Reply to
Theo

It's already happening. I looked into getting one 6 months ago after a trip in a friend of a friends 635csi and there were quite a few around £500 - £1000. fbmwsh examples seemed to be around £2000.

Reply to
James Grabowski

In article , theo*+*@*+*letsblowitup*.*com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

They supply the bolt on parts, and the ported heads (exchange) etc. You arrange for a garage to install them.

Maptun, Hirsche, etc are the big names in Saab Tuning. May be smallish companies, but far from garage.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

But - as with the Fiat cambelt thing - how often are you going to have to do that. At the very worst, possibly once in the lifetime of your ownership of the car...

Maybe, horses for courses. I doubt either of them is particularly 'hellish' tho :)

Reply to
Lordy

It's a Galant by another name and, yes, they are nice :)

The wrong side of expensive.

Reply to
Lordy

And, just as with the Fiat cambelt, is going to cost a stupidly large proportion of the car's value to fix.

Why d'you think there's lots of 20v Fiats out there for sale at silly low prices on about 60k miles?

Reply to
SteveH

Wasn't the figure down to £400 for that particular example now ?

Hmmmm, thought you were one of the ones who argued in favour of the Fiat

20V...
Reply to
Lordy

Yeah - you can get it down to that sort of price if you shop around.

Lovely engine. Nearly bought a Bravo with that lump.

However, I'd want the belt change done properly, unless I wanted to do it and flog the car, IYSWIM.

Overall, I'd try and avoid it.

Which is why I've just been looking for a Tipo 16v :-)

Reply to
SteveH

Don't think anyone ever denied it was pricy tho :) It makes a nice sound, but you have to wonder why they had to go to 5cyl 20v, when their competitors were all making 4cyl 16v engines with the same/more power. The

2.0 16v had the same amount of power, so why did they change? Surely emissions regulations can't have hit them so bad as they couldn't up the power with a wilder cam or whatever? To add another cylindar is excessive!
Reply to
Dan405

Well, the old Lampredi 16v was getting on a bit (remember, it was introduced with the 124 in the 60s), and they needed a new lump.

The 5 cylinder block formed the basis for both petrol and derv versions.

I suppose it was to do something different. Probably the same reason Audi and Volvo have done it.

Reply to
SteveH

Its called a Stagea and runs a RB25 out of a GTS-T Skyline with four wheel drive. Ultimate sleeper but they look like a Volvo. Over here (Australia) they cost more than a GTR.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

A Jaguar X300 is what you want. Not sure they'll be as quick as the japanese guff though :).

Reply to
Doki

snipped-for-privacy@Somewhere.Somewhere

Yeah, I saw that on Tuesday night :)

Reply to
Nom

Er, that's the Galant VR4, as mentioned in my original post ! 4wd, 2.5 V6, Twin Turbo, and 280bhp. They've also got the Active Yaw Control fitted from the Evo.

They start at £7K.

Reply to
Nom