Big, Quick Cars ?

Yeah, I've looked at these before. There's something not quite right about the front end, but they are a good buy I rekon. A quick quint on AutoTrader shows there's a 4.0 V8 one :D

Reply to
Nom

Don't really wanna spend more than about £8K...

Reply to
Nom

I imagine that an M5 isn't too huge, and most parts could be sourced from Eurocarparts and GSF when the time comes that they eventually do show signs of wearing.

Supposedly a £3-4K 635 is the bargain of the year ATM, until the rest of catches up, with M's holding a premium over that.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Could I tempt sir with one of these?

or these?

MeatballTurbo

In article , snipped-for-privacy@Somewhere.Somewhere says... snip

Google somewhat around and you'll find similar stories about any performance car. If you drive a Maserati V8 then you must be a mafia staff member; if the car is a Mercedes 500SL, you sure must be a pimp... as confirmed by people who will never drive one.

Does not bother me at all. It is similar to the kind of nuissance when driving: the mostly the bodykitted Nova/Golf/BMW3-kind try everytime to race a car which has 2 or 3 times as much power.

Most of the time I don't even see them, you pull up gently at a red light and after a few seconds you wonder what the bloody noise around you is. You are toddling silk smooth at 3000 RPM while the bugger nextdoor is screaming at full throttle.

The advantage of a real powerfull car is that either you just ignore them or push the pedal halfway... sometimes it is strange: as if nobody moves and you just accelerate.

From time to time you meet another fellow who also has something special under the boot. I still have to come across the first agressif one, thumping the gas- pedal at a red light-style. But mutual thumbs up at very high speed and the little boy-grin-factor that has happened...

Men stay boys... only the toys get more expensif.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Lexus Soarer 4.0 V8, GTS L Reg, Imola red , full leather,touch screen controls,, Climate Control, Cruise Control, Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors, Central Locking, C D Player, ABS, Sun Roof, Rear Spoiler, Alloys, Very Rare £6995

Depending on mileage, that could be very tempting !

Reply to
Nom

Nope, too old, and too old looking.

I do actually like the 8-series Beemers, but again, running costs are insane. Wierdo/BMW cars can be VERY expensive to fix.

Reply to
Nom

I think they're both boyracer'd examples :)

Reply to
Nom

Actually, the 6 is based on the 5 series of the time, and 8 is based on the 7 series of the time. The mechanics are all common place, it is just od stuff like trim that might cause trouble.

I reckon that very shortly, the 6 and particularly the M6 will be worth serious inflated values in about 2-3 year. Might be time to get in at basement, get 2-3 years good fun, and then flog it for a profit.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Agreed.

Spending £4-£5k on a an absolute minter of a 635CSi seems to be a cast-iron investment at the moment.

Similarly, spending the same on an E28 M5 (the proper one, not the M535) should also make you a wedge of cash in the long term.

And, as you say, these cars aren't particularly expensive to run - certainly would be cheaper than a Supra.

Reply to
SteveH

snip

Thank f*ck! Granted, I only looked at the first one - wasn't sure my stomach could face another ;-)

Reply to
Jamesy

Think I'd rather have a 928!

If I was gonna have a Soarer, it'd have to be the 2.5 turbo - much easier tuned :-)

Reply to
Jamesy

It's acutely the back that is nasty when you see them in the flesh. (Not helped by the light metallic green I'm used to seeing it in).

Reply to
Depresion

I've never seen one side by side but I would say the Legacy is smaller that the Stagea then again I think a Volvo 850 may be smaller.

Reply to
Depresion

E28 M5 £2300 reserve met

Reply to
Grant Mason

I'd have the Subaru SVX myself.

3.3litre flat 6, big coupe with 4wd.

Last ones came over in '97 and sell for £9k (dealer price) - should be able to pick up a good P-plater for £8k from a dealer.

Reply to
SteveH

I'd be _very_ careful buying one that cheap off ebay.

Having seen them sell for anything up to £10k, I'd say that one is likely to be a dog - also suspicious that the current owner is selling it after only a few months. No matter what his excuse is, it's far too cheap to be a good one, that's M535 money at the moment.

Reply to
SteveH

seen these and like em a lot

no idea of price though.

Reply to
Theo

Jesus, that looks like a monster. I reckon the cold weather made it look smaller than it really is too ;)

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

they aint that huge, but I reckon they are *fat*

Reply to
Theo