Bit of a milestone and some bodging

Not really significant, but the 75 clicked over 130k miles on the way home the other day. I did try and take a shot of it with my phone camera, but it came out a bit blurred :-(

However, I noticed, whilst washing it, that the nearside rear arch extension was falling off, having previously been bodged back on with duck tape.

20 minutes of cleaning later, and it's stuck firmly back on using a hot glue gun :-)

It's going to need some fairly significant metalwork around the arse end as soon as my bonus comes in in Feb. next year.

Reply to
SteveH

....if it lasts that long.

Seriously though, I couldn't drive a car around like that.

Reply to
Conor

Why not? - it's just a dodgy outer arch, and you can't see it when the extension is back on it.

Besides, it'll get very little use after the Passat is delivered in a couple of weeks - and once October comes, it'll be SORNed and put under a cover for the winter.

It's purely a temporary solution until I have the money to have it done properly.

Reply to
SteveH

snob lol my Mk1 MR2 had a wing you could see through :)

Reply to
Vamp

...until I 'fixed' it :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I'd know it was there. Still, it's not as bad as gaffa tape you can see.

Fingers crossed that it's the worst you'll find.

Reply to
Conor

So BMW improved Rover quality then?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

*yawn*

Mine's a proper 75. Not one of those heaps of crap built by bored brummies.

Reply to
SteveH

When's the last time we had a high-miler thread on here then? Mine is just coming up to 135k - it's a 2000/X Laguna.

Reply to
Tom Robinson

Mine ticked past 17k not long ago...

Reply to
DanTXD

So, not really a high miler then. Unless you're talking about a scooter or something.

Reply to
Tom Robinson

I've yet to see a Rover 75 with bits of the bodywork falling off through rust. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Nope :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

Mine's barely run in.

'94 M Audi 80 TDI - 156,000 miles. So probably about half way through it's life.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

'54 206 XSi 1.6 16v - 17,600 So probably about half way through it's life :-D

Reply to
DanTXD

And 135k on a 6 year old car is high miles?

-- "For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

1990/G Citroen BX 16v 103k 1989/F Volvo 360 GLT Reads 113k, but probably around 105k due to replacement speedo head 1987/D Toyota MR2 107k
Reply to
Carl Gibbs

1992/K volvo 940 181k and it's probably been clocked at some point.

James

Reply to
James Grabowski

Well based on the responses of other people in the group, seems fairly high. 22,500 a year. I'm doing 120 a day on the M1 at the moment.

Reply to
Tom Robinson

The Octavia rolled past 101010 (and I didn't photo it) 2 weeks ago.

Reply to
Elder