Cars Bought And Sold in 2006 ?

9-3 Diesels haven't quite dropped enough yet. Or I would snap it up. Cheapest 9-5 diesel is =A35k according to the trader, and cheapest 9-3 is= =20 just shy of =A33k arround me. In petrol form, a 2.3T(full pressure) starts from =A31800 for an early=20 one, or just shy of =A32k for a slightly newer 9-3 2.0T.

For that I could be looking at fair nick 9000 Aero that would give=20 better fuel economy, handling and performance than either, and have had=20 the pricey jobs done the first time round by now.

The 9-3 is a nice car, but round our way, newer Saabs have become very=20 popular. They are everywhere and people seem to want them which keeps=20 the prices up. They are popular in Lytham and Blackpool and sell really=20 well there.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Theatre Of Hate-The Black Madonna

Reply to
Elder

About 40 miles each way. About double what I was doing before. but what can you do. The job is there I'm not, and I'm tied to where I am by mortgage. I couldn't get a mortgage to buy a decent property closer to there.

Reply to
Elder

Fuel computer said average 39, real 36 instantaneous. I worked it out on actuall fuel put in over seperate reciepts. Two were

35 and 36MPG, that was just the odd run to Oswestry, and Blackburn for interviews, the biggy was 3 runs, Oswestry and back over two weekends. I filled before I started. Then filled it up at the 3/4 tank showing. Worked it out on what I filled and it worked out at 38, when the average fuel computer reading was 38.

I'm not a Dervy class driver, but I do really work on smooth driving on motorways and nations reading gaps and hills and idiots, and accelerating like an arse when there are junctions and turns. I can make silly low or silly high from most of the cars I've owned.

Reply to
Elder

You haven't met my family. It was expected. And if you didn't you would be shown no mercy by the rest of the clan who would want something for nothing, when they needed it, not when you had it spare.

Reply to
Elder

Any chance of doing some home working? I do a couple of days a week with a 65 mile round trip, and 'roughly'[1] one day a week with a 260 mile round trip but the couple of days a week at home sweeten things no end.

[1] I say roughly because I might not go there one week, and then end up doing two the next week...
Reply to
Abo

Lol tell me about it. When I'm in the Lytham office there are loads of newer shape Saabs in the car park. My boss has just bought one.

Reply to
Abo

Part fo the reason we charge each other is that you don't feel you're imposing on them so can ask them again. With the skillset in our family, there's always one family member or another in need of them.

Reply to
Conor

Nah, I think he looks to be a bit of a control freak, when he is in the office he likes to keep everyone in sight. Not over shoulders, but just so he can see them.

Reply to
Elder

The first (GM 900 shaped) 9-3 turned it arround. The old ones were always popular up there as an alternative to the Volvo (old and wealthy people living there and antique dealers they buy from) but now the they are cooler and funkier again. The one thing GM got right was the marketting and dragging in BMW owners in who couldn't afford dearer new 3 and 5 series models.

Reply to
Elder

It means a lot to me. Mr average english, but with a Weegie stepdad.

Reply to
Elder

Come ahead then ;-)

John F

Still searching for cheap but mildly amusing - to a Weegie sense of humour - No. plates direct from the DVLA.

Current favourite ?

L44LDY

As in :- "Gie it Laldy Big Man" !!

£250 all in.
Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

My official duty as school was translating Billy Connolly (post big banana boots) and later at Uni, translating Rab C. I used to love Absolutley. I laughed, while people said "eh Stoneybridge, what's funny about Stoneybridge?"

Reply to
Elder

The Stella is becoming "cheesey retro" cool along with RWD Bluebirds. Ex taxi fodder that still survives and pushes from behind is now the new uber cool wagon of choice, along with Seirra/Saphires, older BMWs and RWD Volvos. Trampdrift has a lot to answer for.

Reply to
Elder

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net, Fraser Johnston wittered on forthwith;

a Landcruiser is just 'orrible oriental tat.

Range Rovers aren't as reliable, but at least they're a nice place to be, comfy, and not Japanese.

Apart from the MX5, 240Z and Legacy Turbos, I just don't know why anyone would choose to drive a Jap car over anything else. Jap stuff is *DULL*, the interiors are always awful, the seats are always designed for people who're shorter than me, if a jap car handles it tends to ride badly, and if they ride well they tend to be about as much fun to drive as a Yugo. I really don't get the Jap car thing, even Skylines and Mitsubishi Evos aren't much fun to drive, they're fast, but they're completely soul-less. Just white goods with engines.

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:emuh6m$8i0$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

So, I want a VX220 more than an S2000 then?

Reply to
Iridium

Bought:

1989 Volvo 740 estate (temporary) 1989 Peugoet 309 (very temporary) 2000 Vauxhall Zafira - wife's 2000 Fiat Seicento (free) 1995 Citroen AX (£50 from a bloke at work 'cos I felt sorry for him)

Sold:

1988 Merc 300TE 1989 Volvo 740 estate (3 weeks ownership) 1989 Peugoet 309 (2 weeks ownership) 2000 Fiat Seicento (had for 8 weeks) 1995 Citroen AX (had for 2 weeks and £220 profit)

Left with:

1995 Rover 416 Mk1 (dying rapidly but gained an engine upgrade and alloys this year) 2000 Zafira

In 2007:

New car coming (approx £3-5k budget).

David

Reply to
David Lane

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net, Iridium wittered on forthwith;

Quite probably. The S2000 doesn't do much for me, I like torque more than revs..

Reply to
Pete M

It's a monster drive though... pussycat until the power comes in then the back end becomes mobile.

More usable than the VX day to day though, and you can get in and out without a shoehorn.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

And has the carrying capacity greater than a pack of sandwiches.

Reply to
Elder

Getting into an Elsie / VX is relatively easy. It's getting out. Especially with the roof on.

If I had to use it every day, it would be the Honda for me. If there was a chance that the car would see much track action (which there would) and I had another car (which I would obviously), then definitely a VX or an Elise.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle