whats in everyones garage now compared to a year ago

Mines

2006

Cavalier Sri 16v Punto Sporting 16v Audi a4 tdi Astra Van 1.7tdi x1

2007

Audi A4 Tdi Skoda Octavia Tdi x2 Skoda Octavia Sdi x1 Vauxhall Midi van x1 Bx GTi x1

205 Gti x 1/2
Reply to
Rob

oh and the bx is currently awaiting collection as has a new loving home to go to and the 205 is more or less scrap

damn i'm turning into dervman ;)

Reply to
Rob

Alfa 75 TSpark Alfa 156 TSpark Fiat Marea 20v Honda VFR800i MZ ETZ300

Alfa 75 TSpark Alfa 156 TSpark VW Passat 2.0TDI SE Honda VFR800i Hongdou GY200

Not much of a change, then.

Reply to
SteveH

Only if you know the fleets' miles per gallon figure, standard deviation, range and some other funkiness too.

Reply to
DervMan
2006 Octavia (Me) Fabia (Missus)

2007 Octavia Fabia

But changes might be afoot.

Reply to
Elder

MK2 Golf 16V I think. Dunno. Might have had the 8V by then.

8v GTI being painted.

16V GTI in the process of being stripped for parts.

Tempted to build a silly breadvan or E30.

Reply to
Doki

'06

1988 Mazda 626 - ex Car Mechanics feature car if you don't mind, bought off Peter Simpson the editor. 1994 Audi 80 1.9 TDI. dull dull car, but a great tool and made a great tow car. Made me a small fortune in expenses. 2000 Seat Ibiza. See above. It's been here 4 years now, it'll stay here for a long time. GTM Rossa K3. Bought it in Didcot, drove it home, did hillclimbs and sprints in it and went to work in it. Did a cylinder head gasket and a slightly bigger valve head on it. Went well. Loved it. Sold it. Everything must go eventually.

'07

2000 Golf. I needed transport. It needed to be sensible. It needed to occasionally seat more people than me. We have a 5 year old. We bough a Golf Ragtop.

2000 Seat Ibiza - see above. Going Nowhere.

1989 Saab 9000 CDE. Needed a tow car. Seemed like a good idea. Was a good idea. Waiting on intercooler and modded ECU. Will be even better tow car.

1973 Sylva Leader. I love light RWD sportscars, hence this. Currently awaits a Kwak ZX10 motor being shoehorned into the space vacated by a 1300 xflow. May hang fire until after the summer. It's quick enough to have fun with. Will be used this summer for hillclimbs and sprints. Will be double driven by the skinny one.

Single axle trailer for above... Which reminds me. I need a winch for this. Off we go to ebay...

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Dont have many cars or bikes any more because they need to be wheelchair freindly.

2 citroen BX cars (one GTI one 1.9 estate both the GFs - GTI was for spares) Now she has decided to take her test here in the UK (shes driving on an yugoslav/international dubious one at the mo) they are being scrapped and shes having some universal FWD grocery getter. Personally I cant see the difference between any of the 4 cylinder fuel inj catalised transversed motored 5 speed things she is looking at but its her choice.. I am trying to persuade her to get an american imported golf. Their basic one is 2.5 petrol and has more trim and half the price. Personally my 8 seat 2.8 VR6 Auto caravelle will be sold after my new Dodge caravan 3.8 gets here from across the pond!

Thats about it. So no change over the last twelve but total changes in early feb.

Reply to
Burgerman

Y'know, I don't actually need something like the Caravelle or the Caravan, but there's a bit of me that wants something like that. Would be a great machine for going to events with.

Anyway - enjoy it when it gets here.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Opel Manta GTe Volvo 360 GLT Toyota MR2 (girlfriends)

Citroen BX 16v x2 Volvo 360 GLT Vauxhall Nova TD (girlfriends)

I've now had the Volvo for well over a year, which is approaching the record for my longest owned car I think!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

for me 2006

BMW 328 coupe

2007

BMW 328 coupe - hmm that'll be no change. well the block and pistons and a few new gasgets did does that count? probably not

Reply to
Vamp

do you import your shit privately? i'd like an old 4.6 V8 mustang when done with the BM (yeah yeah there s**te and have horse cart suspension who cares) we had a crap V6 one at work. went for FA made an ok noise and went ok but really it aint a mustang without a V8 cobra ones are nice at 300+ bhp but i can't be arsed to fork out the difference.

Reply to
Vamp
2006

Vauxhall Vectra SRi 150 (mine) Fiat Sciecento Sporting (hers)

2007

Subaru Impreza WRX (mine) Nissan Micra 1.0e (hers)

Reply to
Me

Thanks I will.

They dont quite drive like cars but deff not bad! Both have lots of toys and do 120 ish flat out... I fly model planes and need the space anyway. You cant get an 8 foot long jet in the car!

Reply to
Burgerman

Yep. In the past Its easy. Depends where and what you buy though. Beware the additional test it has to have. You need UK spec lights on the rear and left dip headlamps etc. Thats about 400 quids worth in this case. But easy to fit. This time I am not doing it myself but a guy called bekker is because he can do a better deal than I can because he buys a lot of these converted vans. Look on the web for American car importers there are a good few. They take a cut. But they organise shipping by transporter to the US port, Storage until they get put on the roll on roll off ferry to Liverpool docks. Typically 800 dollars so far. With insurance. storage at liverpool docks in a locked compound, the conversion and the test, all paperwork, duty, vat etc.You dont pay as much duty and vat as you think because you get the us stuff knocked off because its being exported and not sold for use in the US.

Do it via an importer. Like this one (untried by me but the same sort of group I would use)

i'd like an old 4.6 V8 mustang when done

Reply to
Burgerman

Merc 300TE Rover 416Si

Rover 416Si (at least until it fails the MOT next week) Zafira

Reply to
David Lane

Won't you into mine as I seem not to be able to part from my cars:we stay united till death or a crossing tree us parts so to speak.

And no: I don't kiss them good night, but still check if they are comfy under their blankets ;-)

What is next for 2007? A bigger garage, it can't be big enough!

A lot of toys wished for everybody!!

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

i did that for my MR2 but have always been tempted to try it myself as some imports well whack it on!

Reply to
Vamp

In news:Webph.59282$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe5-win.ntli.net, Rob wittered on forthwith;

2006

Capri 2.0 Laser Alfa 155 T.Spark Can't remember what else.

2007 Capri 2.0 Laser (Sold it in March but still not picked up) Scirocco 1.8 GT Merc 190E Auto Golf GTi Mk1 (bought but not collected yet) Next few days, possibly Golf GTi Mk2 8v Next few months Barkas B1000 and Range Rover Vogue LSE (probably)
Reply to
Pete M

Land Rover Discovery Passat 4-Motion Bob Tail Range Rover Bowleresqe buggy under construction Class one off road trialer.

Land Rover Discovery Passat 4-Motion Bob Tail Range Rover Bowleresqe buggy under construction (still)

2nd Bob Tail Rand Rover Suzuki 413 (very modified)

Plans for 2007, finish the buggy, fit a Diesel in the Suzuki and if the summer is nice make a Scirocco convertible.

Reply to
Geoff