Cynical me?

Yes of course it has that much power.

Reply to
Depresion

I like the graphs at the bottom, "was achieved on a damp road at night" lol

Reply to
T Black

=8/

You couldn't make that up...

...except that's the only way you'd get:

"You could active more B.H.P on a longer flat piece of road or a race track. E.g.(Silverston)"

and other such gems.

Fraud or comedy?

Alistair J Murray

"The only two cars on the market near the specs are the Ferrari F50 and the Meclarine F1"

Outstanding.

Reply to
Grant

If it really has that kind of spec, it has been seriously worked on.

600BHP might be possible, but not in a daily driver engine that won't explode given half an excuse.

No mention of a metal head gasket (TTE or TRD) to dream of getting that kind of power. Pretty much an essential to do it.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I'd like to see some form of power graph from a set of rollers, G force based units are so easy to trick.

Reply to
Depresion

Oh yeah agreed. I Said it could make that power, not it Does make that kind of power. A decent dyno graph, preferably engine dyno rather than Rolling road, to get a genuine flywheel figure, rather than something calculated from wbhp and a magic formula.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

:o)

"25 miles to the gallon approx"

with nearly 700bhp. nice.

Reply to
Mason

I've heard of the legendary problems with the heads on the early Supras. On standard cars one solution is a metal head gasket ARP head studs and a shitload of torque. Which spawned the T-shirt that many supra owners in the states wear. It says "My head bolts have more torque than your Honda Civic."

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Well I'm after one of these for my house....

Ronny

LOL

What better to defend your home than a robot with bottles of piss for legs!

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

You would think that with what it must have cost to build that engine a couple of hundred quid for a proper set-up on a dyno and a power run would be nothing.

Reply to
Depresion

Quite. Interesting that the "engine mods" aren't actually things that would alter the power much anyway.

Of course, he does say he got the 700 BHP figure by spinning the wheels or sommat. Totally not true, though.

Reply to
Questions

Someone was really really bored at work that day.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I don't even need to click this. It's a Blue Supra in Kirkcaldy with BHP claims that would shame most supercars, yet totally stock appearance.

Suuuuuuuuurrrreeeee.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Yeah ya do... just to see the name of the winner, if nothing else... lol

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Not only have I seen it, I think I know who did it. It's been the subject of much hilarity on mkiiisupra.net for some time ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

My Zaf does 25 average to the gallon, 7 if you're driving hard... I'd expect more like 2.5 mpg if I'm pushing a 700bhp motor; that's what the NASCAR guys get...

Reply to

Lol, I was thinking about doing some sort of joke auction like that to see if I could drive a few people towards my real items.

Knowing my luck it's turn around and bite me in the arse though (not the security robot)

Reply to

Even more amusing is the cancellation history of said winner.

Reply to
AstraVanMan