Do 17" 5 spoke BRMs suit the Octavia?

nice slab sided black wheels to suit a nice slabby black car?

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

No, they'll only blunt the already lukewarm performance.

Just appreciate it for what it is - a slightly worthy and dull commuter tool. It *really* isn't worth throwing 50% of the car's value at a set of bling alloys and tyres.

Your choice, of course, but a better way of spending that money would be to get a fun modern classic for weekends / holidays / track days.

Reply to
SteveH

I would love a fix and learn fun car too. no room for one.

Wouldn't pay full price for a set either. Would just wait until a set come up on the bay of all things e, when some jaded nuBeetle owner owner decides to change wheels.

Shouldn't make too much performance difference, they are a proper (at least the original empi/BRMs were) performance wheel rather than just for looks one. like Oz and Compo wheels are today, light and strong, instead of just poncey and heavy.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Do you like them ?

Yes ?

That's fine - get them :-) Wouldn't get something that big myself, but we all have different tastes.

As I said previously, every time I consider getting alloys for the Audi, I quickly remember something else which the money would be better spent on :-)

Like my new Sylva... Did I mention that before :-)))))

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

That pic makes them look very good indeed. However I fear the true result will be disappointing. If you got VRS bumpers and skirts and lowered it it might work. Then again, lowering alone might be enough.

I didn't think those BRMs could look good on a conventional modern car but that pic proves me wrong.

Reply to
fishman

I saw a set of old 4 spoke BRMs on a Skoda rapid over the weekend, and a set of the modern 5 spoke ones on a new beetle on the way home.

It got me putting two and two together.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

On a new bug