Ebay fraud...

Note this car here... been sold with 147k on the clock...

Now note it been sold again, with 72k on the clock...

Anyone fancy asking some comedy questions?

Reply to
DanTXD

first comedy question sent. "Hi, My Octavia is showing a bit high mileage? How long did you have to reverse for to halve yours?"

Reply to
Elder

Hehehehe nice :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

That guy is obviously not a professional.

Reply to
Tom Robinson

Actually, you could just bid on it, then when the auction ends you can refuse to collect it on the basis of having stumbled across the previous auction. If he kicks up a fuss, just threaten to report him to ebay. Then when he attempts to quietly re-list the item, someone else from here can do the same thing. Could get through quite a lot of listing fees that way...

Reply to
Tom Robinson

"Alloys have cost me £1200 it self."

Well that's funny, because it had the same alloys on when you bought it, indeed it had the same scuff marks on the alloys.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I accidently emailed the link of the original sale to the high bidder. Oops ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

The final fee on cars is fixed, unlike the %age of final value for other auctions.

Reply to
Homer

Just noticed it has also been posted on uk.rec.cars.misc - and now check out the bid history and the IDs of the bidders who have had bids cancelled... Hehehe.

Reply to
DanTXD

No comedy questions................contact Ebay with both item numbers, and very likely sellers will be banned! But fuckwits publicising what they have been up to on here, will probably have given them plenty of warning so they can get away with it!

Ken

What would that achieve? He would just make a new account, and do it again. If you were really serious about dealign with him, you would contact his local trading standards, customs and excise, and the Met (or his local force if the met don't handle all of london).

Reply to
Elder

From the retro-rides forum where I posted this, but someone had beaten=20 me to it.

"Hi All, Were UK_Antennas, the current highest bidder on this Audi Cheers to all those messaging us via eBay about the obvious mileage=20 problem with this auction

My Brother-in-Law works for Trading Standards in London & they've=20 recently been filming Garages/Dealers who buy high mileage cars & then=20 they have they're Mileages corrected

Best one he's shown me was a 2000 X Plate Nissan Primera Sport (Ex=20 Private Hire Taxi) with 280k in good condition but without service=20 history, sold at auction for =A3400 & ended up on a forecourt with 60k for= =20 =A33500.

He think he knows this trader & I've placed a bid as I based up north,=20 so it wont raise his suspicions"

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

This sort of thing dont seem like a joking matter to me...............might be wrong though.

Ken

Yup. Done it in my usual polite manner. And e-mailed the bidder. And Ebay.

Reply to
Conor

And the punch line is?

I saw no joke there.

Reply to
Elder

LMAO! i posted this on imoc and this was one dudes reply

i sent him this message

"did you manage to sell the clocked audi then!!"

i recieved Quote: ofcourse i did u sad low life people

Reply to
Vamp