I's gone chavvy, innit

The Delica is gone (it needed lots of work after a winter and something failing on the brakes in an odd way).

I've traded it for a nice, sensible small car.

A Suzuki Ignis Sport.

HALP.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Is it any good?

Reply to
Doki

Well.

Mine's a 2004 one with 57,000 miles on the clock. It's clearly been used heavily, the wheels are scabby, the interior stinks of smoke, and there's a hole worn in the passenger side carpet on the floor. And a rear wheelbearing is having a good howl to itself.

But it's bigger inside than I expected, handles well in a "throw it around" kind of style, moves quickly enough, and has VERY well designed cupholders in the dash.

It also has yellow-trimmed Recaros.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

The ignis did well in the Junior WRC I recall, where the rules about what is and isn't changed are a bit tighter.

Reply to
Elder

That explains the seats; the engine is not the JWRC 1600 though.

I quite like it in an "oh my god this car is NOT me" way - my dad said "You're not 17 anymore", and I said "Yes, and if you remember when I WAS

17, I wanted a BX19TRS Estate, and you vetoed it in favour of an MG Metro".

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

A mate of mine bought a car very very cheap at auction once because it

*stank* - smoke, feet, milk, fish, I think it must have had everything in there at some point. He had to drive it home with the windows all wide open (in winter) to avoid gagging too much.

When it got back to his place it got steam cleaned. *Everything* got blasted. It took a couple of weeks to dry out fully, but it was good as new afterwards...

Reply to
PCPaul

The seats in my new weapon ;-) -

DanB

You, Sir, appear to have bought a girls' shopping trolley.

Reply to
SteveH

Sounds like the foreign truck driver in front of me in the queue at Tebay services today :(

Reply to
Abo

It's faster than any of the cars in your sig in any situation or conditions :)

You sir need some better cars.

Reply to
DanB

FWD shopping trolley.

It may be faster, but I don't give a toss, I have 2 bikes that would piss all over your heap of French girlie car ;-)

And you you have 'girlie wheel drive', whereas I have something that's real wheel drive.

Reply to
SteveH

Down any road with a bend, me in it would be faster than you on the Ducati - assuming it didn't break down ;) Mainly because you said, and I quote "I'm slower than James May" :-D

Well actually, I still have the Vee on the drive, and the bike in the garden. So ner, ner ner :-)

Reply to
DanB

That's fine, 'cos the Renault will understeer off into the hedges at the first sign of a bend anyway.

That's if it doesn't fall to pieces within the first mile.

Vee is sold, bike isn't yours ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

I'll beat you both cross country.

*as long as the route doesn't include actual roads.
Reply to
Pete M

Heh.

Just looking at the specs., I want to know where all the power of the Clio goes, 'cos it doesn't go into making it fast - the 0-60 time and top speed look quite pathetic given it's size and power.

Reply to
SteveH

FWD lack of traction innit? Use traction control and you reduce available oomph, set up geometry for full accelerative traction and you lose cornering grip. I believe the Clio goes very well on the twisties, but a /lightweight/ [1] with a couple of hundred BHP and FWD is going to have traction issues no matter what you do. That's where FWD will always fall out of bed.

[1] For modern values of light, I imagine it probably weighs close on to a ton, has ABS, wall to wall airbags, Aircon, side impact bars, seatbelt pre-tensioners, electric windows and mirrors, central locking, auto wipers, and all the other stuff a dedicated small fast car doesn't need [2] [2] although Aircon is possibly essential in something used on a daily basis. Xenons are a bonus as well.
Reply to
Pete M

I can't be bothered with the rest cos it's been a long day - but even for you, that was misinformed hehe!

Reply to
DanB

Oh, sorry, I meant 'lift-off oversteer backwards into the nearest hedge'.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH

Reasonably confident I wouldn't have to push half that hard ;-)

Reply to
DanB

In which case, I refer you back to my original point.

Reply to
SteveH