Bigger wheels.

Dark tints.

Sorted.

(c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

agreed.

18/19's tints and you induction kit if it will fit :o)

I'd also consider coilovers but then i'm a chav ;o)

Reply to
Mason

Not something I've heard of ?

Mine's an '01 car, so I'd have thought they'd have fixed things of that nature by then ?

Reply to
Nom

Probably :)

3.0 V6 is an adequate replacement though, and it actually makes more torque (280Nm) than the TI made as standard (240Nm). And it's not like a had a choice of Turbo 406 Coupés :)
Reply to
Nom

No idea, I aren't picking it up for a week or two. It has to get a '51 plate allocated by the DVLA (wheels are already in motion with this), and I've gotta switch my insurance over and send them a covernote so they can tax it etc.

Possibly next week, probably the week after.

Reply to
Nom

18s are on the way, as soon as I get round to sorting them out. Probably these
Nom

Just over eight grand, which was nice :)

Nom

Reply to your mail, damnit !

Reply to
Nom

I aren't about to piss about with the ride quality - it's plenty low enough for me as is :)

Reply to
Nom

...which are infact, these :

Nom

I've got just the airbox thing on it's own, and a 90-degree elbow piece - so I'm prolly gonna need some bits of pipework of some sort - that's assuming there is actually physically space for the the thing to fit.

I expect no gain whatsoever - it's purely so I don't need to replace the element yearly, and to make a nice noise, and to perform the act of carbon-fibre-coolness.

Reply to
Nom

in news: snipped-for-privacy@news1.newsguy.com, "Nom" slurred :

Looks nice - the coupe really has aged very well.

Have you still got the Ti until next week then? ISTR that you had an accelerometer thingy - if you still have the ti, and are sufficiently nerdy, you could get take some in-gear acceleration measurements at different speeds for comparison with the 406. Obviously I'd expect the ti to be quicker at low speeds, but I suspect the difference will be less once drag becomes significant. I'd be interested in the results if you do do it.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

"Nom" wrote

I don't have it!!

Try 18PheasantWalk at speed-mail dot co dot uk

Reply to
fishman

*coff* 19's and 35 profiles ;o)
Reply to
Mason

Can't be bad.

Well, true.... :o)

Reply to
Pete MC

Yep.

Yes, I have and I could. But can I be arsed ?

Possibly.

Reply to
Nom

"Nom" wrote

Really? I thought there was some 150bhp 2.0 turbo? Must've been a well detuned jobbie, with the turbo from a Lancia Y10

Reply to
fishman

you should see a gain.

The E36 BMW I mentioned got a 6Bhp increase from a exhaust and the CDA box, this is only on a 318. (RR prooven before anyone says anything) Antoher chap with a 318 on an E36 forum only saw the same increase after 57i,remap and Full exhaust system. roughly 500 quid more money spent.

Excellent bits of kit.

Mason

Reply to
Mason