Focus ST opinions

No it isnt thats ford privelage discount :)

Reply to
Rob

In which case the discount on the ST is 20%. Sorry Rob...

30% is only on Mondeos I'm afraid.
Reply to
Andy Tucker

gutted haven't looked fully into it yet, but even so a new focus ST every 9 month with 20% off retail still appeals :)

either that or something from PAG i think not

Reply to
Rob

What the f*ck is PAG?

Reply to
DanTXD

Fords premier brands Ovlov jag landrover,

although they dont give us a discount on aston :( :(

Andy - still waiting for confirmation on discount on the ST i know i can get a focus ghia at 30% discount so fingers crossed for the ST.

ps where u based m8? i'm up in Glasgow

Reply to
Rob

Get some nutter Volvo :)

Reply to
DanTXD

No, the Ford ASBO has gotta be the only way to go for Rob. He needs something lairy (sp?) to fully wean him away from his Red Top Nova fetish. If he got an ovloV that'd become the sensible family car and he's just start buying, and never finishing, s**te old Vauxhalls again!

Reply to
AstraVanMan

nigh on bugger all discount 10% iirc

Reply to
Rob

I'm a designer-type for Jag/LR at Gaydon near Warwick :-)

My current wheels are a bastard-fast S60 T5. Not bad for a 23yr old :-D

Give the Privilege hotline a call on 08457 100400 and they'll tell you how much any of the models are.

Reply to
Andy Tucker

10% on Jag/LR, 20% on Volvo. :-)
Reply to
Andy Tucker

Lucky you m8 i work in dealer support, oop north. not too bad but get some funny looks sticking an astravan or an audi in the car park :)

time to return to blue oval if i ever harbour ambitions of a promotion :)

Reply to
Rob

S60 rocks - not bastard fast until you chip them (my 2.0T was probably as quick as a standard T5 on most measures of speed)

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

WTF else buy a hot hatch? :p

No. Buying a Golf GTI in the last ten years has been like admitting that you really don't care what it drives like, you just want to intimidate or impress people with the Golf and GTI badges.

I struggle to feel sympathetic towards people with a mark four Golf 1.8T, actually some have 2.0 GTI proudly stuck on the rump, thinking that they're bought something remotely quick.

Expensive. Well built. Quick. One and a half out of three isn't bad.

Perhaps. The GTA does what the Golf doesn't do - it tugs at the heart strings. And it feels slightly compromises...

...which is exactly as a hot hatch should feel.

That wouldn't be the ST then.

Reply to
DervMan

Good job we're talking about the Mk V then. Which isn't that expensive, is well built and is quick.

Reply to
DanTXD

I know... ;)

I work mostly on engine design, which means I have access to some very tasty kit and software... It would have been rude not to. Heh.

Reply to
Andy Tucker

Ooooo, spec? Figures?

Reply to
DanTXD

Not expensive? 23 grand for a DSG after discount with xenons and a few other toys - you could have a Focus ST3 and a lot of change for that, or a Volvo V50 T5 SE with a much better interior, or Octavia VRS for even less.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The dyno reckons anything between 305-311bhp depending on air temperature, and a meaty 430ish Nm of torque. I now need to take out shares in a tyre company :-/

The T5 in the Focus Asbo/S40/V50 isn't the same lump, and isn't as tuneable. Shame really... The straight 6 is very intersting though

Reply to
Andy Tucker

I was just going by the base price of £20,335, and the Focus base price of £17,945 (but a lower spec).

Reply to
DanTXD

Phhwooooarr...

Reply to