Focus ST opinions

It does at the moment, as relatively few have been made, but Ford's (PAG if you like) objective is to slot it and NA versions into alot more badge enginneered cars, churn lots more out and they'll then be cheap as chips to make. The Zetec HE / S / SE / Duratec are in need of replacement fairly shortly to meet Euro 4 / 5 emissions regs wihich the Volvo 5 pot currently does.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Why didn't they just use the initials of Ford Automotive Group? :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

312.

Tim S Kemp

:)

Reply to
dojj

no, but if you get in from the rain, and don't grab with a hand and just with fingers, they slip

Reply to
dojj

Having driven a bunch of 9000s and 9-5s with over 200 bhp, and a bunch of BMWs with over 200 bhp, and a few Audis and a U-r-a-bus too, I'd *prefer* power to go to the rear wheels. Sharing between front and rear is okay. But not all to front.

Shoot, the Accord would probably be a better "drivers' car" if it's relatively puny 134 bhp went to the back and not to the front. :)

Reply to
DervMan

The only ones worth getting are the frugal but pokey-ish and the pokey ones.

The 1.4 and 1.6 sit at the bottom of the range like skid marks on pants.

In my humble opinion. :)

Reply to
DervMan

That would confuse Vauxhall owners.

Reply to
DervMan

there is a simple way to solve that problem, just drive it in reverse :)

Reply to
dojj

i think the problem is with having too many engines in the range and not enough price differential between the ranges they can be had at remember the days when the biggest power was in the highest spec motors? and you couldn't have some of their fittings even if youwanted because they weren't on the options list? whyy not go back to that, rather than having the 4wd option on things like the panda, just have big V8's powering everyting with rwd and little puny 1.2 2 strokes powerng everything fwd

Reply to
dojj

are you waiting to get home before reading his post then :)

Reply to
dojj

k l e e n e x

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

A whole bunch of inept cretins in the Ka Klub would have it the other way around.

It's perhaps a bit extreme. Whilst it's trendy to hate the four cylinder BMW 3-series, in a miserable screwed up FWD world they make more sense than a Golf.*

*I'm feeling pro-BMW, pro-RWD and anti-VW today.
Reply to
DervMan

But less sense than a lot of other stuff!

On another note, my parents just bought a Mondeo Estate Ghia X V6. They seem happy with it. 2002 one. It's silver and has many, many toys...

Reply to
DanTXD

i remember thinking of getting one of them then common sense prevailed and i realised it was much more fun tooling baout in rwd with big brage like handling and silly power :)

Reply to
dojj

I don't think such things were considerations...

Reply to
DanTXD

£10k vs. £300 you know it makes sense :)
Reply to
dojj

I think they paid £6k :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

still £5700 more than i paid for mine :p

Reply to
dojj

Sorry, did I give the impression I gave a flying f*ck :-) ?

Reply to
DanTXD