FS: Ford Fiesta RS Turbo (modified)

1994/M reg Full respray in BT Grey Rear windows removed and standard van panelling installed Transplanted with 1.8 Diesel engine (so 45-50mpg!) Rear of car fully converted to be like the Fiesta van - i.e. completely flat load area, rear bulkhead etc. Colour coded bumpers replaced with standard van bumpers. RS Turbo interior (including dashboard) removed and replaced with standard van dashboard and interior.

91,000 miles. Cambelt + tensioners last changed at 85,000 miles.

8 months' MOT. 11 months' tax (worth £150 on it's own). 2 new front tyres, 2 good rear tyres.

Always starts fine in the morning, returns good economy (I've seen 48-50mpg out of it, and that's driving around London every day), a real good reliable old workhorse. Engine runs well and does not smoke or burn oil. Gearchanges are all smooth with no crunching, and the clutch is spot on with loads of life left in it.

The bad bits:

Nothing major really, it's just quite tatty in places - mainly confined to the bonnet which has quite a few small stone dents/scratches, and the tailgate, which has some surface rust (mainly one big patch around 4-5 inches in diameter) and also the front panel which is quite rusty, but this isn't structural and won't affect the MOT. Underneath it's not perfect but the sills are still fairly solid and I wouldn't expect it to need welding for at least another couple of years yet.

Only other bits worth noting are the passenger side wing mirror is cracked (casing and mirror) and would ideally want replacing, the centre rear view mirror is missing and the windscreen has a large chip (about 1.5 inches diameter), which to be honest isn't distracting at all as far as driving it goes, but it is in the swipe of the windscreen wipers and so would need a replacement screen for the next MOT.

Other than that it's a good solid reliable runabout and has never let me down and would do someone for a good few years yet.

£600 or near offer.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Bwahahahaha.

Reply to
SteveH

Not interested then? :-)

I'll probably stick it on ebay. Got a really good nick Maestro van to replace it with, so I need to sell it now (I like my direct injection diesels).

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Seems a tad, well, steep for a slightly tatty round the edges standard Fester van.

Really good nick and Maestro in the same sentence.

Never thought I'd see that!

Reply to
SteveH

True, but it does have best part of a year's tax on it. Basically I want to get as much of my money back on it as possible - it cost me £350, plus £165 for the tax and £60 for a pair of tyres, so I just really want what it owes me back really. I'd take £500 to be honest, just aiming a bit higher like you do.

Heh! This one's been owned since 3 years' old by a bus mechanic who always gave it the proper attention and is in very good nick indeed. The sills are very solid and have just been undersealed - there are a few little rusty scabs, but I mean a select few, and they're nothing more than surface bubbles - the arches are very solid with only the slightest of surface rust.

I was originally after a Maestro van but couldn't find one that wasn't either a million miles away, or asking £800-£900. There was one in the local Freeads, but the number must have been wrong, so I ended up buying the Fiesta.

The money I'm asking does sound a lot, but after looking around for a Mk3 Fiesta van there are a surprising number of Mk3 vans still asking £700-£800, most of which had been sold, so I don't reckon £500 for one with a year's tax is too bad really (though like you say it does sound a lot). I'll probably chuck it on ebay with the bid price not including the tax and hopefully I shouldn't lose out by too much.

Then I can enter in to the lovely world of driving around in a Lime green Maestro van :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan