Help Me Out Here Lads

SWMBO is doing the "We should get a newish new car" thing again. So just to make my argument totaly water tight what can you get these days for £10K - £15K That meets or exceeds these specs and is under a year old.

0-60 in 5.5 secs, 0-100 in 13.5 Secs 60 - 0 in 2.8 seconds Big enough to fit a dining table and chairs in with the seats down Subtle Image Leather Similar Build Quality

BTW its the time of year again where I'm forced to justify the Saab and the cost of running it (which incidently no more than the depreciation on a newsih car). I'm hoping theres nothing close.

Cheers Lads Matt

Reply to
**-**

Keep the saab, buy her a MINI.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

In return for a certain R5 GTT Raider?????? LOL We'll see ;-)

Reply to
**-**

Nah she wouldn't have one, at the moment I'm countering with I'll look into selling the Saab if you sell the Nova ;-)

Reply to
**-**

Ooh that'd sweetin it for me a bit ;)

-- Chet

Chet

In article , snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Nowhere near those specs, but you might be able to find a very decent Skoda Octavia 4x4 Turbo Estate for that kind of money.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

She has a Nova and criticises your choice of transport?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp
5.5secs ? think you will be very hard pushed to find a car that does that, especially big enough "to fit a dining room table and chairs in with the seats down"

To give you some idea RS4, which actually isnt *that* big is 0-60 in

4.9secs. They cost £37k and up and you'll be lucky to find one under a year old. 1/4mile ET is bang on for what you want.

You are just out of the price range of an S4, obviously it wont meet your performance requireents without tuning ( lets say at least £2k worth minimum )

Reply to
Mark Craft

Evo 6?? find anoother 5k, and get an evo7??

Reply to
Cheater2k

Yep thats why the 900's so good, practical performance

Never been much of an Audi man TBH. Its German ;-)

Reply to
**-**

Plastic but not Fantastic ;-) And No leather, and not subtle and the Saab will chew them up and spit them out all day long (well for 16mins anyway ;-))

Matt

Reply to
**-**

but it's still a Nova.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

ok what bout a scooby? ok so not to subtle lol

what about Volvo T5? or a newer SAAB and transfer your mods?

Reply to
Vamp

Not many (any?) subtle, practical, affordable cars are near those specs straight from the factory. To get anything close will need some serious modification. A new project?

Shaun

Reply to
Shaun

Newer Saabs use struts not double equal lengh wishbones and have 5 stud hubs and their Vauxhalls so no ;-) Oh and Ovlov's are for old men and coppers (says the Saab driver LOL)

Reply to
**-**

Nope just need to convince SWMBO that theres no chance of getting anything even remotely close for a reasonable price ;-)

Reply to
**-**

You don't have to tell me ;-) But at least its not wearing £3K of fibreglass.

Reply to
**-**

uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Just ask her to find a replacement. It's a safe bet that she won't find anything suitable however hard she looks.

If the combined brain power of u.r.c.m. can't find anything then nobody can! Or something like that.

Shaun

Reply to
Shaun

In article , snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Dare I say it after what your old man has bought, how about a Scooby wagon?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Low milage VW Corrado VR6 more than a year old but only loses out by half a second to 60. ;-) and the ignition key goes where it should as well...

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark