I finally bought one.....

They're still all DAMN heavy. New cars are too gadgety, why are rain sensitive windows needed? Whats wrong with flicking the stalk up yourself? Leccy windows in the back, you're nice enough to give someone a lift, surely they can wind down their own window?! :)

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

I thought that but couldn't remember so i said nothing :) I think he meant

607...

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

Well whatever... no-one is in here trying to tell him that the 806, whatever, is a fantastic driving machine... ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Better than a Zafira tho ;)

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

Just because its a rev-monster of an engine doesnt mean its strained! Its a fanrastically designed engine. And it doesnt need a turbo to hike up the power like all volvos do!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

The E30 318is is supposed to be a brilliant thrashmeister, too, with half sensible economy when you're not revving the arse off it.

In fact had I thought before, I'd have recommended one of these to SteveH before he'd gone and saddled himself with yet another eytie special - if anything those are holding their, if not gaining in, value these days, not depreciating, they're respected and revered that much.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Heh.

Not in the economy and ease of creating a vast swarthe of load space stakes though... and the Zafira will remain quite firm in value for long after most

806s have bitten the dust. (!)

I don't want an MPV really, but given family requirements and forthcoming work requirements, one of those seems to make more sense than having a van and a car when you take into account the cost of insuring and taxing two motors etc.

Anyway, then Berlingo Multispace HDi is the current favourite, if I can find one cheap enough.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

The original comment was not what would be most fun but that Volvos were boring. Comparing like to like (and 3 series was the comparison) I am convinced they are not. A 106 Rallye is not a comparable vehicle to the S60 / 3 series argument.

Taking it to extremes, I reckon a Ferrari 360 would be great over that route.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

define bloaty bus then? Are you meaning big and wallowy???? S60 is not wallowy.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

wooops - for 806 read 607 and a side comment of WTF is peugeot's naming system all about anyway at least BMW make sense.

Oh yeahhhh... And remember the BMW Nikasil engine debacle....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Rain Sensitive Windows?

LOL - There's all that safety stuff too - hats off to Jaguar for the new XJ

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

LOL - driven the Fiat alternative (Ulyssee) if it's anywhere near as exciting and involving as that then it's crap.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Nah, i think i'd have more fun in the 106 cos i'd dare push it harder :) It wouldn't matter as much if i stacked it (assuming speeds were low and i'd suffer no permanent injury). Whereas even if i was loaded i'd be pissed if i binned my ferrari, they're all individually numbered and stuff aren't they?

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

SteveH waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

Bloody hell Steve, well done! A proper Alfa at last ;-)

Pete M

Reply to
Pete M

Just because it's got a turbo doesn't mean it's badly designed or needs it, there's plenty of non-turbo 5 cyl volvos around. Turbo gives us the mid- range wallop that those M cars don't have (qualifying note to that statement - the current M3 is a beast of a motor, but thing how nice it would be with a turbocharger...)

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

That's the first of the 16 valve BMWs isn't it? I remember them feeling mega quick (was the first beemer I drove, was used to Ladas / Rovers before that) and making a great noise. Bit tail light though. But yes, great engine for its time.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

*ding*

Excellent car, and plenty of minters still about

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Get the Stig to drive one round the Top Gear test track, and see how it compared to the latest M3 ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

The one where the majority of cars were sorted free of charge, even after they were outside of their warranty period?

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I can't say they're top of my shopping list - if I were to go for something of that vintage, it would almost certainly be a Galalhambran TDi.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH