I've given up even pretending I can afford to fix it.

I've heard rumours of the Police using V8-powered Talbot Tagoras with Maserati engines. Sounds like total bull to me, given that the Tagora was some bit after PSA was form and Maserati ditched...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, NeedforSwede2 wrote something quite bizarre, possibly in an effort to confuddle the world. It went like so;

I don't rate much when it's compared to a Mk2 Escort, however, the Avenger / Sunbeam wasn't bad, it just wasn't anywhere near as good as a Mk2 Escort.

They do go well with Alfa Twin Cam lumps in, Alfa V6s, and Rover V8s. They're all quite easy to fit as well. The Lotus engine is too much like hard work.

For some mad reason, the 1.0 Sunbeam had a better front arb than all the others as well, and the 1.0 was based on the Coventry Climax lump, so if you want to make one really strange, that could be a way to go.

Loads of Ford bits go near enough straight in as well, which is nice.

Reply to
Pete M

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Abo" saying something like:

Ah, the Stromberg. So light, you could throw it a very great distance indeed.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

They did have very special 4x4 405's

Reply to