GRRRR insurance!

called axa my current insurer to get a quote for a MR2 turbo and they said nope because 'it's to high a group for my age' bollocks!

anyone know anyone else i can try? looking at it being a quote of about a grand! but it is a group

20 car i think...
Reply to
Vamp

Don't mention the turbo...

Reply to
Burgerman

Try Liverpool Victoria.

nope because 'it's to

grand! but it is a group

Reply to
Homer

If you're under 30, then forget it. Even over 30s can expect to be shafted roughly from behind.

Isn't the Turbo an import only model? - Group 20 Import. It's not going to be cheap.

Reply to
SteveH

but that voids it doesn't it? although axa asked if it was right hand drive and didn't seem to care it was a turbo.

might try adrian flux

Reply to
Vamp

In article , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Too young aint he?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I think as soon as the registration number gets on their computers, they will know the original spec. of the car. They will happily insure you if you say it is not a turbo car ..... because when you stuff it, they have a nice readymade getout clause!!!!

A bit like people who insure a small car fully comp .... then drive around in a much more powerfull car under the same policy.

Pretending to not understand the bit "The policyholder is insured to drive any other car providing that car is not leased to, or owned by him/her"

Reply to
SDD

Well how are you as a simple user suposed to know about all these fangled turbots (fish?) and stuff??? Errrr technically yes....

Reply to
Burgerman

22 :(
Reply to
Vamp

Fit a briggs and stratton. It will still look cooooooool???

My mate Dave, (mematedave) had one (still here on my server)

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\dave\index.htm

O bugger that wont work will it....

Right try

Dog slow old bit of kit though. My old repmobile destroyed it.

Reply to
Burgerman

Forgot to mention you have to click on "lara" !!! Stupid site.

And he is a right old tart...

Reply to
Burgerman

All of them.

Seriously - phone every single insurance company you can possibly find. Eventually, you'll find one that's remotely reasonable.

Reply to
Nom

my mate is 25 ish and had the full fat turbo, insured for 600 fc. along side a 200hp r5 turbo, then 3dr Cossie, now escie cossie 320bhp. I liked the mr2 shame he sold it for the cossie........

Reply to
Theo

hey seen that car on imoc. someone added a pic of kermit in the drivers seat to it once but i can't find the pic now, never mind :)

Reply to
Vamp

seat to it once but i can't

Whats imoc???

Reply to
Burgerman

At a guess... International Mr2 Owners Club ?

Reply to
Albert T Cone

MR2 club imoc.co.uk

Reply to
Vamp

guess right

Reply to
Vamp

*smug*
Reply to
Albert T Cone

drive and didn't seem to care

Adrian Flux will insure anyone on anything IME. But you pay the price (sometimes in terms of money, but always in terms of being insured by a crap company!)

As a 22 year old too i found Tesco were the cheapest for anything i was getting quotes for.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs