Mazda incident..

lmao

Reply to
Vamp

hehe, on saturday 1pm, just after it happened, my mum said shit comes in 3s. As i pulled the dilaptidated mazda into my gran's drive, my gran had a stroke.....

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

"Mike P" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Not that those two facts were related. Oh, no. Course not...

GWS, that Granny.

Reply to
Adrian

Thanks sir, she's doing better than I am. No job, smashed up car.. just what I needed today. At least i got 6 months payoff..... got any french shit you want to sell me?

Mike p

Reply to
Mike P

My gran is well used to me dumping shit I've crashed on her drive :-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

"Mike P" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Dunno if me old man's still got that Xant...

Reply to
Adrian

Adrian gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

If not, Louis' usually got something kicking about.

There might be a sub-grand Alfa GTV still there...

Reply to
Adrian

Xantia Activa? Not until I get the Golf on the road though....

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Really?

Or did you miss the bit referring to where the 'insurers are picking the car up today'.

He'll have a real job on his hands now to get the salvage back off them, if he decides he wants it back.

Oh... well thanks for clearing that one up for us all - I'm sure no-one else realised that either, and we should all be grateful that someone as astute and on the ball as your good self is here to point such things out.

Reply to
JackH

mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Maybe I'll just do my xmas shopping in peace for a week or two :-)

I am pisssed - hammered in fact. Ignore this post!

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

All well and good, but insurance company getting involved or not, I was simply agreeing with the fact that he could indeed get hold of a set of wheels for it at a reasonable price....

Reply to
AstraVanMann

My advice is... in the cold sobering light of day tomorrow, if you'd like to have the option of keeping the salvage, then you should ring up the insurers and state that the car is not to be disposed of until such times as you've reached an agreement with them on the settlement.

What you may well find is, they may look to offset any storage / removal charges accruing as we speak against your payout, now they've taken the car away... assuming they don't now insist on retaining the salvage.

Probably a good thing you're not speaking to the assessor and agreeing a settlement figure right now then really, isn't it? ;-)

Reply to
JackH

I'm very sorry. I feel I may have jinxed you. Glad you are OK.

I'm sure P6000's have only got that rep though being a common OEM fitment. And as everyone on u.r.cm knows the stock parts fitted by all car makers are crap. Looking at the web site it seems a RUF needs the whole suspension ripping off and the high cost option fitting instead.

Reply to
Peter Hill

P6000 is a tyre I've only used once. Changed all four on my Rover from the factory dunlop to P6000 on reccomendation. Fine on motorway in wet or dry, great on backroads dry but water or snow maded them a bit odd on corners, not normally bad but strangely inconsistent.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

You think *you* were lucky to miss the drop...

Looks quite lucky at first. Then you read the bit about which way he was travelling and where he left the road...

... and then you see the next picture...

Reply to
PCPaul

Just so you can see it if you're still interested, pics of the one I'm flogging.

Pete M

That foglight has definately been fitted with the cars aesthetics in mind, and money was clearly no object. It really honestly doesn't look crap and ruin the looks of the entire car once you've seen it at all. Also, I love the pattern on the drivers seat.

;-)

(looks tidy to me, especially for the asking price, good luck :-) )

Reply to
DanB

What's that around the rear window? Pop rivets?

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Do they all have shit panel gaps around the bonnet / lights and front bumper?

Reply to
SteveH