MGFs...

Some corrosion, the head gasket, oh and the head gasket too! :)

Reply to
DervMan

Agreed, but we tried one out and interior space was a bit limited (ie knees touching steering wheel). But i think that may have been a dodgy wheel as one we looked at today looked much smaller. When (if...) we get the money we'll go out trying them properly then.

Bloody women changing their mind!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

As the other Carl said, its Vamps old mk1 rust bucket :) Since its looks have been comprimised by a slight knock in a car park, depending on the outcome of the insurance claim i may convert it into my event car and get rid of the 205.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Only a complete psycho wringing the life out of a Volvo could keep up with Merlin...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

That's 'cause you're GAY

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

He now has something...

FWD...

Honda...

VTEC...

:)

Reply to
DervMan

Hey - I'm thinking of getting something FWD, Honda and VTEC.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Can the Integra tow a caravan? :)

Reply to
DervMan

Riceboy!

Reply to
SteveH

In an FR-V :) ?

Reply to
DanTXD

PS my charms appear to be working and she is coming back round to the idea of an MX5 or a Puma :) I'm sending her out tmrw to go look at a few whilst i'm at work

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

FR-V

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

My dad owned an MGF, watch for headgaskets and clutches at that kind of mileage.

Reply to
Mason

LMAO

Dervy, you need an old-man's fake GT like mine

:)

Reply to
Nom

Don't bother, the MX5 is a much better car, and doesn't have random headgasket issues. You get Jap reliability as standard.

The only thing MG/Rover cars have going for them, is the price. But MGFs aren't cheap...

Reply to
Nom

MX5 and Puma are the choice of that class.

I'd have the Puma, cos it's more "normal". Cheap to run, cheap to fix. The

1.7 is the one to get - don't settle for less.

Are you wanting a good drive, for your four grand ? If so, take a look at a Pug 306 too. You oughtta be able to get a nice late car for that money, and the S16/GTi6 are a *real* nice drive. Both the XSi models are good if you're on a budget (120bhp 2.0 8v and 135bhp 2.0 16v).

etc. etc.

Reply to
Nom

It's my wifes dream car if that helps.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

"Fraser Johnston" wrote

You really should let her get more sleep. At least then she'd be able to have herself some decent dreams about proper cars!

Reply to
fishman

1.7 is the ideal one, but she'd probably settle for any one if it came in the right colour!

I know all about 306s and suggested them but she wasnt interested (looks come way way above good drive), except maybe in a cabriolet. But you dont see many cheap ones about unfortunately.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

They're not even close to being in the same 'class'.

One's a lovely little RWD sportscar, the other is a Fiesta in drag.

Reply to
SteveH