MGFs...

I'm not quite sure what his own choice of tyres for daily driving actually has to do with anything, so that just sort of proves what I was saying... :)

Reply to
LordyUK

The calculations for working out top speed are affected by it, so he'd be well within his right to 'suggest' it.

Fair enough it does only make a gnats todger of a difference tho :)

Reply to
LordyUK

Overpriced because of what it is - it appeals to the style freaks, it appeals to the handling freaks. I notice the cooper S is now available with a proper 6 spd torque converter auto - probably the same as the auto in some bigger BMWs and therefore capable of serious power / torque upgrades...

I would happily own a mini

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Given that the tyres will be slippy-sliding around due to their teflon tread, he's hardly likely to notice the handling.

Besides, we know from his economy figures that he drives like a nun, so what he'd know about throwing a warm hatch down a twisty road I don't know.

Reply to
SteveH

Was this /his/ car we're talking about tho, and actually had hard tyres, or just one he happened to have access to ?

Reply to
LordyUK

He's got them fitted to the heap of chavved up s**te Ka, ISTR.

Reply to
SteveH

So just a completely irrelevant piece of gossip then, as I suspected.

Reply to
LordyUK

OK, they're not on there now, but he had Firestone 'Fuel Savers' on it at one point.

Says it all, really.

Reply to
SteveH

It's better than anything *anybody* else has offered in that segment in living memory though.

Far, far better than the equivalent Golfs.

Reply to
Pete M

I just found the Focus nasty. Poor driving position, crap interior design and trim. Couldn't get comfortable in it at all, and the 1.6 engine sucked.

Reply to
SteveH

Guilty as charged.

The 1.8 sucks donkey dick as well.

Reply to
LordyUK

Fuck me..... we agree on something ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Lets be brutally honest, the 2.0 isn't exactly stonking either...

Reply to
DanTXD

1.6 is OK, but the 1.8 or 2.0 are vastly more flexible. Trim is cheap but then what isn't now that comes from a mainstream brand?
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

New one gets the 2.5T from Volvo - you gonna say that sucks too?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

in news: snipped-for-privacy@karoo.co.uk, "Tim S Kemp" slurred :

No, he's right. The 1.6 Sucks. It's the weediest thing I've driven in years, and gets coarse when revved.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

in news: snipped-for-privacy@karoo.co.uk, "Tim S Kemp" slurred :

Really? I assume it'll be the LPT one? That should be pretty sweet.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, "DanTXD" slurred :

Bah. I'm a mere amateur geek - for Dervy it's a life's work :)

Reply to
Albert T Cone
[...]

No, it blows. ;p

Alistair J Murray

I might - does it suck? And are you sure? That seems a bit of a good move, not something Ford should have thought of...

Reply to
DanTXD