Missed opportunity for Ford??

Remember, this is the same Ford Explorer than Steve says is quicker down twisty country lanes than a Saxo VTS :)

Reply to
Dan405

Oddly enough, with the higher driving position, extra grunt and all wheel drive I bet it's at least as quick if not quicker in real terms than the saxo.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Bet its not.

Reply to
Dan405

Bet it either is, or is too close to call conclusively. Fancy giving it a go?

"STEVE - Can I borrow your car, I'll look after it, honest...."

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I know a guy with a 106 GTi - close enough :) ?

Reply to
Dan405

Same shit, different box...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Aye :)

Reply to
Dan405

That would be the same 106 that I left for dead at the lights in Soton?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Away from the lights is one thing, but your tyres will pop and the Exploder will overturn at the first sign of a bend ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

No, that would probably be some chav in a 1.1!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I think we can safely assume that even if it was a new Porsche 911 Turbo Steve's explorer would've left it for dead at the lights...

Reply to
Dan405

And here was me thinking the tyres and suspension setup was the main factor in the amount of grip, not the number of doors :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

But the 106 would crash on the bend due to trying to prove something, whereas the Exploder would have had a much better view and seen what was around the bend that bit sooner than the 106.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

On a Citroen AX, the extra doorhandle digging in makes all the difference.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I suspect they'd both be fairly well fettled in the suspension and tyres dept, being race cars and that. That said they didn't both have the same suspension setups, buts it's fairly well known that if you want to make a rigid shell, you put as few holes in it as possible. Hence all the 3 door Scoobys and Cosworths.

Reply to
Doki

I think you missed the point of AstraVanMan's post... :)

Reply to
DervMan

My post had a point?

Peter