My next car...

Yeah but an MX5 is nice and light. Revvy engines are what you want as theres not such a greater need for torque. Otherwise you'd have an MX5D (calm down Dervman)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

It's already been discussed with my local Mazda dealership . . . I wasn't invited to leave, as I was in the Lotus showroom, so that's an improvement . . .

Reply to
DervMan

What about the MG VVC engine - variable timing and variable duration, torque and power, 160bhp from 1.8 with no "cam changeover"

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

There's always need for torque. When I wanna overtake, I just wanna put my foot down and go (in 5th, at 50mph or whatever). Who wants to keep rowing the 'box ? If you're on a twisty road, by the time you've seen the gap, dropped to 3rd, and put your foot down, it's too late ! The only way to stop that happening, is to stay in 3rd - and cringe as you watch the fuel-guage dropping.

Been there, done that - it's rubbish :D

Reply to
Nom

Never driven/seen/passengered one, so I have no idea :) Are they non VTec-alike then ?

Reply to
Nom

Sounds like driving my Ka :P.

Reply to
Doki

The one in the ZR 160, and Trophy 160, the performance specs of both of these are quite impressive on paper, but also, never been in one.

Reply to
Dan405

indeed they are not vteccy at all. Smooth, fixed lift but variable phase and duration valve openings - VVC (very very complicated...) is damn clever.

Worth driving, it's a great motor, the K series always has been. Would probably suit the 75 better than the Turbo 1.8, I guess it's quite expensive to make though.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I had the Trophy 160 on demo for a weekend - twas a good experience. The engine is great, handling is entertaining, has enough power to drift if you're brave and was very quick.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Tim, the Endura-E would suit the 75 better than the turbocharged 1.8! :)

Reply to
DervMan

I don't think the car would be able to move with the Endura E in :)

Reply to
Dan405

Of course, I'd forgotten that you'd been beaten into submission by the Ka.

Say, Tim Kemp and Dan, what are you guys doing on Saturday - or Nom for that matter, and anybody else in this part of the world - may be having a mini Usenet meet in Yorkshire or North Lincolnshire /cough B1225 cough/ . . . :)

Reply to
DervMan

I may well be able to make this one! Nom might not cos his alternator died today - shitty none French cars :) Actually, mines bust to....if its fixed, then i may well be up for it! You still got my mail address? If not, i'll drop you one from your site tmrw.

Reply to
Dan405

maybe... maybe.... maybe.... Camille is at work in the evening so if we make it early (or I bring the kiddiewinkies)

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Piss off, it's getting sorted today :)

However, the lack of current has made the SRS (Airbag and PreTensioners) light ignite on the dash, and a bit of digging reveals I have to pay a Rover dealer to reset it !!!! Stuff like that *REALLY* makes me mad - why on earth couldn't they just stick a reset switch in ? Or make it reset when the battery is disconnected ? Or whatever. Bastards.

Reply to
Nom

BAH - your timing sucks ! I'd have come along with Dan405, but I'm at a weekend party in Hull.

Reply to
Nom

Like you could keep up with me :)

Reply to
Dan405

disconnected

Bugger. Wish I had my OBD-II unit; I could probably reset it for you, heh!

Reply to
DervMan

I live in Hull

Reply to