Oh Dear

Car reliability.

Toyota, seem to be a relentless slide to the bottom of the head. The

2010 TüV test report (for 2009, obviously) has placed the Landcruiser Amazon at the botton of its 4x4 reliability list. And now Toyota is performing its second mass recall of vehicles (2.3 million!).

Hmm wasn't someone with a loud antipodean view on cars busy slagging off "unreliable" Jaguars and Fords not long ago? Same person that rated Toyotas for wandering around the 'Strine bush?

Here y'go Fraser, have a handkerchief. You can cry into it, blow your nose and then wipe the egg off your chin.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Maybe Toyotas only have problems in the German bush?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

How could anyone have problems with German bush (The place is crawling with slightly hairy but otherwise fit birds from my experiences there)..

Reply to
Pete M

Try breaking up with one.

Reply to
DervMan

I take it resistance is futile then ;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Do they go all psycho bitch queen and try to annex all your property?

Reply to
Elder

Hmm. Yes. Been there. Done that. Mad.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Yes, and then tell your dad and all your friends that you got her pregnant ( I so, so didn't) and then dumped her. Try and get money for a termination out of them, come round in the middle of the night screaming blue murder and waking all the neighbourhood up, smashed all the bodywork on my KLR250 with a hammer, waking my elderly Greek landlady up in the night and told her I was running a brothel and taking drugs.

We were 19 FFS and it was a month long summer fling in Greece.

It was hardly like we were going to get married!!

German women are crackers.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Yup. We had a German friend (Freundin) with whom we had some great times over a period of fifteen years. We bought houses not far from each other as the crow flies - it was possible to see theirs by walking to the end of our land and looking over a 300ft cliff to see their property in the valley below.

We were in the UK one autumn and I got a call to do a job in forrin about 300 miles from our house. I did the job then got the train down to the house, got a bus up to the house to check it was OK then got the plane back to the UK. It was a rush job, tight train and plane schedules and I needed to be back in the UK or I'd default on a contract.

Next time we saw the German friend she cut us dead. And over the next few weeks and months abused us, our country, every damned thing about us and ended up stating that if we wanted to see her again we had to make an appointment and only visit during particular hours and we were not to talk to her husband if we saw him in the town.

The reason was that the night I returned home, she had seen the lights go on at the house and was enraged because I didn't go to see them. I tried to explain that I couldn't because I had no car and despite being able to see their house, it was a twelve mile drive to get to them and to me it didn't seem like a big deal. No dice, no understanding.

Another (Italian) friend simply said that German woman are like that. If they take insult they behave incredibly badly and that's it. Oh and as an ironical note, the friend's son was a lorry driver. We discovered via a mutual friend that before the acrimonious rift that our friend and her son had brought a load from Italy to London and had taken the Le Havre - Portsmouth ferry so they had driven past close to our home in the UK, six months before she had the fit at me. Funny lot, German women.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yeah kinda...

Reply to
DervMan

Dude, you win! ;-)

But they are bonkers.

Think: My Super Ex-Girlfriend.

Reply to
DervMan

I'm proud to say I was inspirational in the first line of one of her web pages..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I'll leave it to the imagination where you came between one and five on that list. She umm sounds like a bit of a fruitcake, and not something good like a cherry. More like the anonymous tarry stuff that sometimes has twigs in it.

A German woman once offered me sex on a plate, with the trimmings. Something about her rang alarm bells so I told here I was married and that I didn't wear a weding band because of an allergy to metals. Got me off the hook. Later that year I was told that she was leaving the company because she was pregnant by one of the (other) senior managers.

Lucky escape there, I think.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Not the last, I'm led to believe. She didn't learn her lesson...

That's the most understated thing I've ever seen you post..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

FFS - got bored after the 2nd para.