Oh dear! - Seat Ibiza

For reasons that escape me at the moment, I've just bought an 'orrible old Seat Ibiza. The ugly, boxy type, from 1992. It comes with a shiny new battery which is worth about what I paid for the car, and I reckon I'll get 40quid or so weighing it in for scrap so can't lose. Before I do though, can anyone tell me if any parts are shared with any less 'orrible cars? It would have been made before the VW takeover, but I can't imagine Seat would have engineered their own engines, etc.

It's a 1.2 CLX with "system Porsche" (yeah right!) written on the rocker cover.

I don't want to throw anything away that could earn a quid or two on Ebay.

Thanks.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

It was based on Fiat oily bits. Don't ask me exactly which ones though.

Reply to
SteveH

Yup, having had a closer look, it reminds me in a lot of ways of an old Fiat 128 I owned back in the early eighties - especially the transverse leaf spring at the back. I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that it's not actually a bad car! Amazingly, there's no rust underneath and after five minutes cleaning the leads it's running on all 4 cylinders and goes like a bomb. Reckon I'll stick it on Ebay and see if it gets any interest. I won't be bothered if it doesn't though as I've now realised the tyres are the right size for my Triumph, 3 of which are nearly new...

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke