Oh... if only I had the money!

Who are you and what have you done with Vamp the Ford Hater?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Pikey ?

Morrison's ?

Is your local branch broken or something ?

Reply to
Nom

No, but it is full of pikey bastards. (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

:)

Reply to
Vamp

yeah morrisons is pikey, we have an aldi not far away which are pikey, my local asda aint really pikey mind, there so called value stuff is great as it's normally a complete rip off another product hehe. they got done for there puffin biscuit thingys because the packaging was almost identical to the penguin biscuits :)

Reply to
Vamp

Morrisons customers smell of wee......

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

It's unfair to make judgements like that from taking a smell sample from the toilets.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

At the very least.

I've had to use a toilet at Morrisons. Never, ever, again.

Now I'll do what everyone else does, drive around until I find a Macdonalds.

Reply to
Steve Firth

use a toilet at Morrisons? ironic considering the store is practically one big piss hole!

Reply to
Vamp

It was desperation, have you ever tried to use a toilet without touching anything? Near impossible. Large wads of paper towel would have helped but they don't supply any.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I'm amazed by the anti-Morrison's sentiment in this group !

In my neck of the woods, the local Morrison's is WAY more upmarket than the local Tescos ! It's got fresh everything, all the time - I quite often make the trip, just to collect some just-out-of-the-oven pies/bread/chicken/pizza/etc. All our other supermarkets just sell pre-packaged food.

Morrison's used to be the local posh-supermarket, until the Safeway turned into a Sainsbury's...

Reply to
Nom

in news: snipped-for-privacy@news1.newsguy.com, "Nom" slurred :

Actually, the local morrisons up here is comparatively smart - certainly no more pikey than Tesco, and quite a bit more window dressing. It certainly isn't kwik-save or lidl-alike.

Must be the southern ones which are full of wee-smelling pikeys, but then that's what you get for living south of civilisation....

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Sorry M8 but that just goes to prove how pikey and wee-smelling the average Morrison's user is. The fact that Morrisons take pies with rather nasty looking fillings, chicken that has been raised for the cehapest price by feeding it on chicken gizzards, "pizza" that has nothign to do with pizza and part baked aerated Chorleywood "bread" and then warms them up a bit in an oven doesn't make anything they sell "fresh".

And it's not as if they are cheap, or clean or anything other than somewhat scummy either.

The odd thing is that Safeway used to do reasonable food from premises that were clean and with staff that were pleasant. Morrisons have sacked all the staff and gutted the stores in order to turn them into pikeyworld Netto/KwikSave type places that make Lidl look upmarket.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You all must avoid Asda, to be not mentioning it this context...

Excellent curry counter aside, I avoid our local one like the plague.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

AKA Chavsda in another NG.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Aye, it is that... but the curry counter is worth the occasional trip there.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Same here, my local Morrisons is great. Altho, I have to say Tesco are starting to become a viable alternative, but they're expensive in comparison.

(Not including the Tesco in the Notts Victoria Centre of course - That's just shit on a stick).

Reply to
LordyUK

Bloody Northern Monkeys wouldn't know a decent supermarket if it hit them in the face.

Reply to
SteveH

They certainly don't know what decent food is. It's also worth noting that Morrisons are cheap for pies, "pizza", and frozen pudding but fresh fruit and veg (a) aren't fresh and (b) cost a bloody fortune by comparison with other stores. Morrisons is one of the few places I know where the only way to buy grapes is in very expensive plastic tubs containing a handful of mouldy grapes.

Same goes for all their fruit and veg. Safeway sued to have a good range and a reasonable prices and it was possible to buy things like lychees, kumquats, persimmon, pomegranate. Morrisons customers seem to think apples are exotic.

Reply to
Steve Firth

hate to break tridition but i actually agree with steve here :)

Reply to
Vamp