Ok, so what will an early/mid 90's or earlier rangie cost me?

Actually, now there is a career change I quite fancy. So run down they can't afford the sawdust and recycle the spit.

Reply to
Elder

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Elder wittered on forthwith;

They drive /really/ well, scarily enough.

I've long had a hankering for either a 505 V6 or 505 Turbo.

Reply to
Pete M

/notes to the masses that I've never been a landlord/

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:TaVSg.26279$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

Decent offers.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the Rangie - but get one because you want one, not because it's cheap to buy..?

Reply to
DervMan

In news:451c3444$0$21358$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk, DervMan wittered on forthwith;

Couldn't agree more. Don't buy a Rangie unless you like working on cars, possess a reasonable amount of patience, don't mind spending money, actually like Range Rovers, and can afford to keep one on the road.

Saying that, the bits are dirt cheap, they're pretty reliable if you get an EFi one (mine is), if you like driving them then they really are fabulous. I love scooting about in them, but at the moment I'm driving a Xantia TD - even though there's a Rangie on the path and I'm hardly known for my ability to save money..

Reply to
Pete M

Yep, it's certainly possible. You need to find someone who is selling it on and doesn't really know the value that LPG adds to the car. I bought mine off a guy who sells off old lease cars, so the conversion had been done by the leasing company, but most of the cars that passed through him were non-LPG so he just sold it for whatever he thought it was worth as a standard car. Not like diesels where people seem to whack the price up just because its a diesel.

Don't be tempted to buy one without a certificate on it like I did. I managed to get an inspection done for 40 quid but I was lucky as hell with the quality of the conversion that had been done on it, as I didn't know anything about them when I bought it, so took a bit of a risk. Although I could tell by looking at the installation date which was written on a sticker attached to the kit that the conversion had been on the car since new, so I guessed from that it was probably safe. Engines suffer less wear when running on gas, so that was another plus point to getting one where the conversion had been done when the car was new.

Reply to
Tom Robinson

Well, put it this way, I don't dislike them. And I would never have suggested an impractical car that I couldn't stand, just because it was cheap.

Actually I mentioned a Mahindra didn't I. Scratch that.

Reply to
Elder

Yeah sorry Carl, I don't mean to come across so negative... :-/

Reply to
DervMan

"Pete M" wrote in message news:TaVSg.26279$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

Oh dear, I hate posts like this.........

How much is the skyrocco worth ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle