OT : ADSL supplier

Just thought I would let you know if your thinking of moving adsl or from cable then you can do worse then signing up with Hi-Velocity.

I was very impressed with there one on one service and helpfull tech support, I ordered a BT phone line on thursday last week for my new place, friday I ordered ADSL it was on 9am monday morning, all working :)

It's so good I have ordered 1 line for here in work as a backup line, and maybe another 10 more for salesman :)

I went from 3mb blueyonder to 512k adsl, and must say i am pleased with the speed, etc

Ronny

btw they are nothing to do with my hosting 1337hosts lol, just thought I would pop there name in, if anyones thinking of moving soon, 19.99 pm

Reply to
Ronny

I've heard one or two good things about them ;)

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yeah 2 working days to get my connection live is outstanding, and they always answer the phone when you call them, and they dont take no money till after you are connected.

Reply to
Ronny

Any download limits?

Reply to
-=Dan=- ©

It's BT who activate your line not the ISP. you where just lucky mate ;o)

Reply to
Mason

Yeah BT activate the line, but the order still has to be submitted, and that is where most s**te companies hold you up.

No download limits

Reply to
ron

hahahahha £19.99 with no d/l limits...check your T&C's mate ;o) bet theres the old "acceptable usage" clause.

Basically if you use more thasn 35 GB per month then you'll end up costing them money.....it wont stay uncapped for long, no ones will.

Maybe "s**te" companies that dont send your order strait away are quite the opposite. "busy" would be a better word.

In 99% of cases line will not go active until 5-7 days after the order has been sent.

He was lucky.

Reply to
Mason

The ADSL bit is supplied by BT and the timings of making this active outside the control of the ISP. However, if you're having a new line at the same time as ordering ADSL, hopefully they'd come together.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ive checked the T&C and there are no limits, I was with BY before and downloaded over 35 gig a month regular, I didnt get a 512k connection to download tons anyway, but the company are very good, and no limits mean no limits, I wouldnt recommend them otherwise.

Reply to
ron

noy for long i'd expect.mate. No ISP will be keeping a product that cheap unlimited. they will go out of business.

i'm not saying there is an actual number in the T's and C's just an "acceptabel usage"

as in if they deem your usage to be unaccaptable at a time when they are loosing money left right and centre (in about 6-12 months i'd expect) they will start kicking people off....

it WILL happen. no two ways about it.

Reply to
Mason

What he meant Ron was clearly -

"No, thats not fair, i'm paying more than that for a worse deal, and i'm pissed off about it, so i'm gonna mock yours to make myself feel better" :)

Reply to
DanTXD

what he actually meant was "i work for a broadband ISP and have a pretty good idea what i'm talking about.."

I pay COST for a 1Mb connection with no cap ;o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

In article , snipped-for-privacy@plus.net spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Depends fella. Some companies due to the weird ways things work, supply ADSL to BT Wholesale, who sell it to other ISPs including BT Retail and companies that they manage (to get round monopoly stuff, it's all done by BT really).

If your ISP is a client of a Company that also supplies BT, rather than just buying off BT, things can go a little more smoothly.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

In article ,=20 snipped-for-privacy@plus.net spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Funnily enough, I work for a Broadband ISP too, and as they can get it=20 for about =A316.99 a month, charging =A319.99 a month is =A33 a month, per= =20 customer, for what is essentially an automated system. With your support=20 services farmed out at a fixed contract (as everyone does) and your=20 connections handled by either you provider, or BT Wholesale directly,=20 you only need admin staff, and insome cases you can run a succesful=20 broadband business as a 1 man band, with all you backroom stuff=20 (billing, CPE and line provisioning etc) all handled for a set fee each=20 month. Managed operations in ISPs isn't anything new. You could=20 effectively, as a 1 man band working out of your back bedroom, sell it=20 for the same as you get it (not adding reseller surcharges on), not make=20 any profit, but still be arround in a years time, because there is no=20 risk. The line billing is taken care of before you get to see any money.

--=20 Carl Robson "Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf" (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Funnily enough, I work for a Broadband ISP too, and as they can get it for about £16.99 a month, charging £19.99 a month is £3 a month, per customer, for what is essentially an automated system. With your support services farmed out at a fixed contract (as everyone does) and your connections handled by either you provider, or BT Wholesale directly, you only need admin staff, and insome cases you can run a succesful broadband business as a 1 man band, with all you backroom stuff (billing, CPE and line provisioning etc) all handled for a set fee each month. Managed operations in ISPs isn't anything new. You could effectively, as a 1 man band working out of your back bedroom, sell it for the same as you get it (not adding reseller surcharges on), not make any profit, but still be arround in a years time, because there is no risk. The line billing is taken care of before you get to see any money.

Reply to
Mason

Who says my ISP resell BT products, it could be datastream via telefonica, it could be LLU via bulldog

Reply to
ron

could well be....except you called it ADSL ;o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

ADSL is supplied by bulldog and Telefonica, what do you mean?

Reply to
ron

well unless you mean *another* hi-velocity then we both know it's through BT.

Why try to argue for arguments sake?

Reply to
Mason

? do we, Hi velocity used to sell bulldogs adsl, and now they resell another companys adsl, I dont know who it is but it isnt BT's, it used to be telefonica's which is Spanish based. They sell Datastream and IP stream so I dont know who's it is.

Your the one arguing

Reply to
ron