OT: Just got the new Mobile I wanted for free.

You have been looking in the wrongs places Dan, Google is your friend :)

Reply to
Ronny

I have a £30/month web n walk data card contract.

I think it saved my life over the last 5 weeks, and I think it will do so again in the future. (c:

Hang the expense. I've only got 1 life.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I have the exact same thing and sentiments hehe.

Reply to
Iridium

you settled down with a missus. Now there was us thinking it was work that was keeping you off Usenet.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

Hospital treatment can do strange things to a man...

Reply to
Douglas Payne

you settled down with a missus. Now there was us thinking it was work that was keeping you off Usenet.

Reply to
Ronny

Nothing, apparently.

You've been around long enough to know that replying below someone's sig is a sure-fire way of it not being read....

Reply to
SteveH

I don't have a job right now. See Doug's post for an explanation of my 'waster' status heh.

Reply to
Iridium

Aie. Time and time again I've been tempted by a Windows Mobile device. Time and time again I've been hugely disappointed.

Now I have a 'phone for, well, 'phone things. And a PalmOS device for organiser things. And a notebook for most computery things. And stronger arms for it too meh.

Reply to
DervMan

And why not? One doesn't have to be an arch Tory to read it, it has better news coverage than the majority of other papers and it also has the advantage of not being owned by the Dirty Digger. The Times is no better than The Sun nowadays.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Don't Three pay you for recieving calls on PAYG? Might be worth doing.

Reply to
Elder

Well, as the Octavia has only got a crappy goodmans MP3 headunit, either if I keep it, or when I change it, there is going to be a Parrot Rhythmn'n'Blue going in. Phone and headunit, Handsfree and GPS. All dead cool.

Reply to
Elder

That'll cheer me up when I'm wanting mountain rescue and I've got no signal ;).

Reply to
Doki

Different tariffs for multisim.

Reply to
Doki

On the other hand, you could use all your remaining free minutes and stop the clock to phone yourself for ages at the end of each month if you could be arsed and probably do quite well heh.

Reply to
Iridium

I'm sure the Government reckon we shouldn't rely on a battery powered 'phone for emergencies, but like, have they tried a land line these days?!

Reply to
DervMan

I was on Voda for 5 years. Only had 2 upgrades from them (because I=20 started out with the carphone warehouse, who sold me to Martin Dawes,=20 who were bought by BT Lumina, who sold me back to Vodafone) because=20 although I was on Voda airtime all the time, nobody wanted to take of=20 customer service. Eventually, once I was on Voda, and had waited a year since my last=20 upgrade, I phoned and asked about 3g Accounts. They didn't have anything=20 less than =A350 a month on 3g and all the phones with a reasonable cost=20 (nothing free) had only one camera. So to video call, you needed to spin=20 the camera round all the time (say something, spin round and watch what=20 caller says, spin round say something). Voda CS didn't see that as=20 problem during a video call only having one camera on the back of the=20 handset. Twin camera, or spinable camera phones all were =A3150-250+=20 upgrade chargeable, as well as being tied to a new contract. The best they would move on, when I asked for my PAC was "We can do you=20

3G on a tariff it wouldn't normally be available for you if you buy the=20 most expensive upgrae handset".

Told them to comeup with something better and ring me while I wait for=20 the PAC in the post. They didn't, so I left and got =A350 free airtime (to= =20 cover the cost of the =A349.99 phone), 200 anytime with a bonus 200 off=20 peak for the life of the contract, and for the first year, 1 hour of 3g=20 video calls, and 50 meg of data access free each month. Was a good first=20 year of that contract.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Nine Inch Nails-March of the Pigs

Elder

I think 3 piggy back onto 02 or Oranges network for 2g traffic when you aren't in their area. So you make a 2g call to the emergency services, telling them to ring you back as you don't have much credit, then when they call you to check your situation, you make money from 3 while you are doing it.

Reply to
Elder

You generally don't need to call out moutain rescue if you've got a landline convenient...

Reply to
Doki