OT: Loans?

Does any one know where to get one, apparently because i have bad credit. Even though ive never had credit in my life. lol.

After buying a new car for 5k (406 coupe V6 3ltr)

Reply to
Cheater2k

Never having credit cars/loads etc makes you a bad risk, presumably as they can't tell what you'll do if they give you one!

Reply to
Scott M

But the fact being i cant even get a credit card, means i cant build a credit history.

Reply to
Cheater2k

Capital One will give you one!! I dont know anyone who was refused by them (they are poor though) but its a start lol

Ed

Reply to
Ed

"Ed" wrote

You do now :/

Reply to
Fishman19

Try TESCO, they're not too fussy.

Reply to
PR

Did you phone them up and have a moan? I have a friend who did who doesnt have a job (student) and they changed their minds there and then haha.

Reply to
Ed

Joking aside, you may have to wait at least a year to sort this out. Even if you have never taken out credit you may still suffer a poor credit rating.

If you've paid utility bills really late this can affect it, same goes for contract mobile phones. Ever rented a telly? These bastards like Granada and Box Clever will be the first to go whinging to the credit reference agencies if you so much as miss a payment.

If you really, really can't get credit, take out a couple of catalogues like Empire and Grattan. Buy some stuff from those over the year using the payment spread option and make sure you keep up the payments really well. After about a year of this asssuming you have no dodgy background with utilities, rental TV etc it will be a whole lot easier to obtain credit.

Alternatively try your bank. Even though I can't get credit anywhere else, because I am considered a "good customer" they will lend me money. However their rates are a bit steep.

On the bright side, that Peugeot will be a lot less than 5k in a years' time.

Reply to
Fishman19

Try an Egg loan? I have/had a dodgy credit history since being given too credit cards when I was a student (now all paid off!!) but Egg gave me a £9k loan without any problems...

Mike

Reply to
Mike P in Brazil

You have no history, which equates to bad history! Have you been to uni in the last few years? If so try a graduate loan. Thats what i got, without any problems at all. Wish i'd spent the money on a new car though!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

You might want to try pulling copies of your credit records and seeing if there's anything dodgy on them.

by post)

by post, £8.25 online) Gareth

Reply to
Gareth A.

Just thought of another reason for a problem.

If you live in a house whose former tennants have been a string of credit abusers i.e. running up loads on catalogues etc and then moving, the property could be blacklisted.

Are you registered to vote? They need you to be registered to give you credit too.

Reply to
Fishman19

Nothing has ever been late, all payments made on time, never been over drawn or anything.

Reply to
Cheater2k

nope, all clear, only me in the family has bad credit

Reply to
Cheater2k

all clear, got them here

Reply to
Cheater2k

In article , "Fishman19" spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Or store card. Buy something small each month. Pay most of it. Leave a little on, after 6 months when the little extra has built up. Pay the lot off. Then they will raise your credit. Then you are starting to build a history. Don't go mad though because the rates are double that of a normal card.

Also if you are a home owner, pay experion or equifax for a credit check. You may be amazed at what someone else at that address, or any of your previous ones in the past has done.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Nah, they hold their value annoyingly well do the coupe V6's...

Reply to
Dan405