OT: Pics from work

Was one of days yesterday when there was a load of flash stuff around so we lined them up and took a few snaps for the website. I took a few with me phone just because i wanted to.

BTW anyone as impressed as me with the quality of the 640x480 pics from the phone?? the 1280x960 ones are very phoneish tho

Reply to
Chet

Your hi res phone pics are a bit pish, but those 640x480 ones are actually pretty good for a phone.

What sort of phone is it then (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Nokia 6630, 3G should i ever feel the need to have an internet connection on my phone 6 times faster than the pc...

Reply to
Chet

2nd left in the top left pic.

snipped-for-privacy@TheMagdaleneSisters.jpg Hairy black bush.

There's a better one on Robbscelebs, but I can't work out how to get the direct link.

Look for Anne-Marie Duff.

Reply to
SteveH

*drool*

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Yep !

They're MIGHTLY impressive for a phone cam !

Reply to
Nom

What phone mate? I'm looking to go 3G in the next month.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Why, Chet, were there so many expensive cars at your workplace??

Reply to
fishman

Because thats what we sell! That and MG and Rovers :)

Reply to
Chet

Nokia 6630. I've always had nokias and i can't fault this one, its better in every way to my old 6600

Reply to
Chet

Hmm, was hoping to get away from Nokia, I have 3650, and don't really like how they have made everything non standard. I want to use PhoneCTL on the Car PC, but nokia doesn't support serial access over bluetooth. And when I was looking at Carkits I discovered that Nokia only enable headset, not handsfree, so I just bought a bluetooth headset, rather than go to the hassle of finding just right car kit. And my Nokia headset has been crap too.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I had a 3650 for about 4 days but sold it cos i couldn't handle the buttons!

I don't have a carkit because i could be driving 5 different cars a week, even when the 19 is on the road. I always stick with nokia simply because they're so easy to use, a brief flirtation with a P800saw me running back to them :)

I *is* possible to set up a serial connection over bluetooth but its a pain in the arse, especially for somethin you'll want to use every day

Reply to
Chet

Chet is in fact an imaginary person who was last seen in GTA:Eire.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

3G rocks :)
Reply to
DanTXD

Exactley. Thats the pain I want to avoid. I want it setup on the carpc and started as soon as it boots, so the phone and the PC connect automatically.

Plan is Bluetooth headset as a blue tooth soundcard speaker and mic. Use onboard sound through speakers for music, and phone conversation. Use bluetooth mic for phone conversation so it isn't as affected by road/engine noise, use bluetooth ear piece for GPS directions so I don't disturb passengers.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Thinking of going with Orange. Thought about 3, but they walled off the internet so you can only reach their services (and I might want to grab traffic data). If they are going to continue selling/supporting it, I quite fancy the SE Z1010.

But, I won't find out if they are going to continue with it, until after

1st Feb when their official "3G Launch" starts.

And on the 1st Feb, the "free night-time minutes to match the daytime contract minutes" and the "free 3G bundle for the first year" offers change too. They are supposed to be offering more phones, and more tarrif options, but I just hope they are "better" tarrif options, not just "several different ways of fleecing joe public, at varying levels of rate attractiveness".

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

"Chet" wrote

Weird, bit of a difference.

I'm sure I've seen Sleeker GT Phwoar (man it was easier calling you meatball) saying that the local Skoda dealer also sells Bentley or somesuch. It's probably my local Skoda dealer too but I don't venture "2 da westside" of the M6 much...

Reply to
fishman

Yep, Gorners group. Not Bentleys, but close.

The Warrington Branch was a Merc/Brabus performance centre with a few used Porkers in, with Skoda on one half of the building, and then the big office section in the middle and performance/luxury on the other.

Seem to have removed the performance centre for now though. Been empty for quite a while now.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Ah mines not on my phone. Got a 3G/Gprs datacard and a mobile connect Vodafone contract. PCMCIA card was £70, when bought with £20 a month, 75mb a month contract. 75mb doesn't sound a lot, but its enough for Usenet, MSN, e-mail and some browsing.

it came from :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Nokia 6600 and Belkin bt dongle on my desktop machine does a serial bt connection whenever my desktop boots...

(when belkin drivers arn't spazzing out!)

Reply to
pi(obfuscated)