OT: We have been officially banned from wearing shorts in the office...

Good grief. You must think there are a lot of 'homos' around - like about

80%. ;-)
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No - that's a face vent for them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

OK, Ronnie Corbett has been known to wear a kilt...

Reply to
Halmyre

What ?

You're telling us it's 35 degrees C in your office ?

If that were the case here, I'd be going home on health and safety grounds. Why on earth are you putting up with it ?

Reply to
Nom

Of course there is. If the heat is such that it's making you uncomfortable, then it's unacceptable. It's that simple. Things that endanger your health (ie, make you feel unwell) are not permitted. Period.

Reply to
Nom

ROFL !!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Nom

At 35c they would have probably had to carry me out...

Reply to
DanTXD

What health & safety grounds?

Reply to
ThePunisher

What a crock of s**te.

Reply to
ThePunisher

LOL. I put "His" on the proper face level vents, and "Hers" on the lower ones, in Merlin's MR2.

As in Ka 'vs' S40 'vs' MR2. :)

Reply to
DervMan

I'd be taking my jumper off. ; )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

30-32 was normal in that old office. 35 is normal in there now because they have repartitioned it, blocking the window into one small private office. Doors can't be opened for security reasons, you need a code to get from room to room, or into the building.

our new office got to 29c last week. One of the newer guys complained it was too hot. Upstairs gets warmer. With the shutters down and fans off overnight, it was upto 32 when we arrived in the morning. Took a couple of hours of all the windows up, and all the fans on to drop it to mid

20's
Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Nope. There are lower limits, but no upper ones, for jobs where you are desk/office/shop bound. Employers are recommended to consider providing cold drinks, relaxed dress codes, or even allow working from home during hot spells, but there is no legal compulsion to do so.

They could insist that all the windows are nailed down, doors shut at all time, no drinking at your desk, only statutory breaks, ties properly fastened, and heavy wool company branded jackets be worn at all times as part of the company uniform dress code. There is nothing you can do about it.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Sure there is. You can quit.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

The ones that say my workplace must not give me heatstroke, and torture me for my entire working day.

My previous career was swimming pools. And more than 32c was too hot to handle, in shorts and T-shirt. Sitting at a desk in 35c, is some sort of comical joke.

Reply to
Nom

That's just ridiculous, and precisely what unions are for. If *everyone* in your office arranged a meeting with the management, and politely explained that it was too hot, it was affecting work, blah blah blah, your managers would do something about it.

Reply to
Nom

Excellent reasoning there - there's no way I can compete with your perfect justification :)

Reply to
Nom

That's why Thatcher abolished them. Staff are cheaper than air-con.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Oh yes it is - it's a skirt for men.

And before anyone rips my arms off for that, I have several and frequently wear one to work (in an office). Not in weather like this, though ... shorts today!

Ian

Reply to
Ian.usenet

LOL