Paging Elder.

Saw this and thought of you...

[cgi_ebay_co_uk]

Reply to
Pete M

Hmm might have a bid on that myself if I can borrow the trailer off my boss :-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Been posted on the skoda club forum by a couple of people. Suspicion among those in the know is it is worth the part easily, but he has done all the work got it up on a lift and some one has said "your sills are rotten" and he has given up. There are simple outer sills, an inner strengthening plate, and the inner sills that go under the floor in box section. You can patch or replace the outers, you can use pretty much anything for the strengthener, but the inners are a real bitch.

Mine was marked as having rot in the inners by an MOT tester as well as getting the outers patched, but when they sent it for welding they didn't do the inners even though it passed so I don't know if it is actually an MOT item. My welder guy spotted the chalk asked when the MOT was due, when I found the rot and took it to see him. It isn't a huge job, but it takes hours as the shape is pretty complicated.

Reply to
Elder