Re: Now that's a brilliant way to sell a car...

But looking at your sig and reading previous postings from you, it's

> obvious that you're not short of a bob or two and if that can be said in > these financially challenging times, you're not doing so bad. The guy > who's selling the car may not be as fortunate as you and may need every > penny he can lay his hands on at the moment. You can still obviously > finance your hobby whereas he may be in survival mode.

That's not the point. If he wants to sell it, saying "ooh, it'll be a hundred quid more than you bid" isn't the right way to go about it.

Reply to
Clive George

Not really any different from not giving carriage costs, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

*ding*.

If he needs the money (and believe me, I've been there) then putting the car on SORN and getting the money back from the DVLA is the way to go. This is not a vehicle that is worth so little that the tax would a substantial part of its value - if it was a 200 quid car I wouldn't have a problem with that - and the extra semi-hidden cost sends out the "I'll charge you extra for inflated tyres as well" message.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Indeedy. I always worry about people charging extra for the tax. If they're tight with a legal requirement, what are they going to be like when it comes to servicing? "Well, the garage said it needed brakes but I had to tax it, so I figured that the brakes could wait"..

Reply to
Pete M