Now that's modified.

I'm sure you're all familiar with the SVA test.

Build a special or a kitcar and take it along to your local friendly VOSA test centre for them to give it the thumbs up before wishing you years of happy motoring.

Didn't quite work out like that for this dude.....

Click the link below and scroll down until you see the black creation. I'm now wearing my dinner after spitting it out laughing.

Bob Sherunckle

"Bob Sherunckle" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I'd pay good money to have watched the VOSA guys go through the SVA on it. Hell, even a normal MOT test.

I wonder if it passed on _anything_?

Reply to
Adrian

I was left wondering what was it/was it supposed to be?

Reply to
Steve Firth

There's a story behind that.

Fuck knows what it could possibly be, but surely that wasn't the plan ?

Bought a "started" kit and found out the bodywork was unavailable and had an attack of the "hopelessly optimistic" ?

Whatever, I hope the list of faults from the nice VOSA men brought him crashing down to earth and he never touches a spanner ever again, ever.....

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

"Tony \(UncleFista\)" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

There's a good tradition of temporarily installing SVA-compliant edge trim, guards etc which mysteriously fall off on the way home, never to be seen again. The Caterham build manual even points out the bits that need to be installed for SVA and aren't needed thereafter.

But a complete set of SVA bodywork? Bit OTT... Especially given the alleged mechanical maladies.

No, my money's definitely on fuckwittery par excellence.

Reply to
Adrian

I've seen all sorts of things made from duct tape before.

Wallets:

Clothes:

..and I was going to say 'never a whole car' but while I was getting those links I found this:

Reply to
PCPaul

I'm not betting against you :)

The deadline for the SVA is very soon, he was probably sticking it in for the test before the IVA comes in and hoping for a short list of fails to fix before his 6 month deadline for a retest. You never know, he "might" do it :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

I got bought one of those for my birthday (but a much nicer one). It's actually pretty cool ;)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

As I have said 'Elsewhere', I thank the lord for an absolutely correct 1973 'M' V5C at this point :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Words fail

Reply to