Saab 9-5 Turbo Aero

Apparently there is a new Fabia mk2 vRS coming but not sure when. Maybe that will be the hot one.

Reply to
Elder

It's one of these that the missus has, couldn't remember the name before.

But now I have the cheap lidl headunit I can play tunes over bluetooth from my phone.

Reply to
Elder

Stop adding new rules just to get round saying "As if I'm going to spend that kind of money on an Alfa, to use as a 40k a year work-horse - that would just be insanity!"

;-)

(I mean, fair enough of course heh!)

Reply to
DanB

It's not adding rules - it's being sensible - the 300C would be an estate if I went with that, and I'd been getting tempted to go with a Volvo V70 instead of an S60, remember my original preference was for a V50 from the car list.....

It's a moot point anyway, as there is absolutely no way a dealer will punt that out at £15k, although I do plan to hassle my local dealer in September about his 2.4 Sportwagon Auto demonstrator.

Reply to
SteveH

At the moment (well, go at the end of the month with readies) and I think you'd be surprised...

Reply to
Pete M

Please don't. Part of the project brief was to invent a re-inforced ugly stick to stand upto the abuse needed to create the shape they ended up with.

Reply to
Elder

I think the 300C looks ace.

Pete M

SteveH is handing out a lot of free ammunition if he buys a 300C IMO, same with the Saab after all the s**te he's spouted about them in the past. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

You know, assuming I buy the Saab, I won't give a f*ck, 'cos I'll have

260bhp, leather, 9 speaker stereo etc and won't have spent a lot of money getting it.

Even if it is just a posh Vectra.

Reply to
SteveH

Wrong 300C I'd say, try the real thing:

Timo Geusch

Heheh. OK.

This has been done before.

You say it is just because you read it somewhere.

I say it isn't 'just' because we have one in the stable that I have been driving and working on occasionally for 4 or 5 years.

It's simple anyway, whatever you buy, you should have bought an MX-5.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Or a Range Rover Turbo.

Reply to
Pete M

Yes, yes, I know.

The 9-5 has some clever multi-link rear suspension and other stuff. Plus it has a real Triumph engine ;-)

I only posted it to save some other joker jumping in and posting it for me ;-)

I'm not that way inclined ;-)

Getting back on topic, I note that you can't get a Hirsch re-map from a dealer for the Aero HOT unless you have the full exhaust system and uprated brakes.

Spoilsports. Especially when the re-map for all other engines is around

800 quid and fully warrantied by Saab.
Reply to
SteveH

YKNIMS

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

You won't be getting one anyway, will you... IIRC, only the other day you said you didn't do / like remaps.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

There's a bloody big difference between a re-map done by a bloke in a shed with a dyno and a re-map done by an official manufacturer's tuning arm and fully sanctioned / warrantied by the manyfacturer, though.

Reply to
SteveH

Heh - you beat me to it! Although, in fairness, he does mention that it's fully warranted by Saab...

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Yep, about 500 quid normally.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

500 quid is a small price to pay on a nearly new car if it means you know the job has been done properly and is fully warrantied should it cause the engine to go bang.
Reply to
SteveH

The warranty bit, fair enough.

The rest of it... given I've not known you to have any direct experience of mapping to date, I shall put down to pure ignorance.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk